Plan availability: Business, Enterprise
This integration will work for Contacts, Companies and Deals in HubSpot
How to Install the PandaDoc <> HubSpot Integration
Who can install? Account Owner, Admins
- Set up the integration.
Make sure you’re logged into your HubSpot account. In PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > HubSpot, and click Connect HubSpot. This will open a new window, click on ‘Grant Access’.
- Check the integration.
Go to HubSpot, and open any Deal, Contact or Company record. Over on the left side of your screen, you will see the PandaDoc module!
I don’t see the PandaDoc Module in HubSpot.
Pass information from HubSpot into PandaDoc
In order to push information from HubSpot into PandaDoc documents, you must set up your template first to determine what and were to pass. In the sections below, we'll tell you how to pass information from HubSpot fields into PandaDoc textblock and product information into pricing table. First, learn how to pass info with variables.
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one)
- Use HubSpot Variables: inside of HubSpot, scroll down to the PandaDoc module. Click on Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens
- Copy and paste these tokens/variables with the square brackets into your template
- When you create a document using this template information from HubSpot will be populated through variables.
Use Roles and Role Variables to populate contact info
Contact information is not populating when you are creating documents from a deal or company object? Unfortunately, contact variables are not available within a deal or company, but there's a workaround. Template Roles and Role variables is a great way to pass some contact data still creating documents within a deal/company. You will be able to pass first name, last name, email address of a contact associated with a deal.
- In your template, click Roles at the top and add one
- Click on Data > Variables and find your specific Role name
- Click the duplicate icon next to a variable to copy, and paste it in your template. Example: [Client.Name]
- When creating a document from a deal/company, assign the contact associated with it to the Role you created
Expand for important information about variables
- To use variables that are mapped to other fields in PandaDoc or your CRM, they must match exactly. Variables are case sensitive, and one wrong character will cause the token to not populate. Example: [Contact.Address] [contactaddress]
- Variables will not work across all objects. To find the list of variables available to use for your HubSpot record, go to Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens. If you create a document from a Contact, you may use Company and Contact variables. If you create a document from a Company, you may use only Company variables. If you create a document from a Deal, you may use Company and Deal variables.
Push product information in PandaDoc
HubSpot Products are available on HubSpot’s Professional and Enterprise Plans.
What information will be transferred:
- Discount on the Line Item level
- Line Item name
- Line Item description
- Item Cost
What’s not supported:
- Taxes (since taxes are not supported in HubSpot);
- Recurring payments set up in HubSpot will be transferred as a one-time payment option to PandaDoc, since PandaDoc doesn’t support recurring fees
- Products list order. In a PandaDoc pricing table, products might be listed in an order different from the one in HubSpot.
To pull products from HubSpot:
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then click "Properties" at the top of the table, in the table's properties on the right, turn on the toggle that says “Automatic import is";
- Make sure your products are attached to your Deal record in HubSpot;
- Create your document from your Deal record in HubSpot. Check your pricing table to make sure your products populated.
Note:Line Item Discounts, if set up in a $ amount, will be converted into % in PandaDoc, so the total in PandaDoc might be slightly different from the total in HubSpot.
Here's a short video of product being pullled:
My products don't get pulled into PandaDoc documents, what should I do?
- Check whether the pricing table in the template you are creating documents from, shows "Automatically add products to this table" as enabled. If it doesn't, switch on the toggle and create a document once again;
- If Point 1 didn't help or is not relevant, you would need to ask a person on your team that has Super Admin permissions access in HubSpot to re-connect the integration (recommended by HubSpot) - in PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > HubSpot > click Disable. And enable it back.
Create and track documents
- Go to HubSpot and open any Contact, Company or Deal record. Then click on ‘Create Document’;
- Choose the template you’d like to use and assign your recipients. Then review your document and make any necessary changes to customize it for your recipient;
- Click Send, and follow the prompts to customize your document’s title and email message;
- Go to the PandaDoc module in your HubSpot record to track the status of your document.
Two of my Role variables won’t populate. Why?
We recently added two new fields to PandaDoc Contact records (Company and Phone Number). These fields have not been mapped to HubSpot yet, so you cannot use the corresponding variables ( [Role.Company] , [Role.Phone] ) to populate this information from HubSpot. These variables will only populate if their corresponding fields are filled out in your PandaDoc Contacts.
Some of my HubSpot variables aren’t populating. Why?
There are a few reasons this could happen.The variable characters have not been matched exactly to the mapped variable. Go to Actions > View PandaDoc Tokens to verify that they match.
- You are using a variable from another HubSpot record type, which is not supported in the record you are creating your document from. For example, Deal tokens won't work when you create documents from Contacts;
- No value has been provided in the property mapped to your HubSpot variable.