Plan availability: eSignature, Business, Enterprise
This integration will work for Contacts, Companies and Deals in HubSpot
How to Install the PandaDoc <> HubSpot Integration
Who can install? Account Owner, Admins
- Make sure you’re logged into your HubSpot account. In PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > HubSpot, and click Connect HubSpot. This will open a new window, click on ‘Grant Access’.
- Go to HubSpot, and open any Deal, Contact or Company record. Over on the left side of your screen, you will see the PandaDoc module!
I don’t see the PandaDoc Module in HubSpot.
Pass information from HubSpot into PandaDoc
this functionality isn't available to eSignature plan users.
In order to push information from HubSpot into PandaDoc documents, you must set up your template first to determine what and were to pass. In the sections below, we'll tell you how to pass information from HubSpot fields into PandaDoc textblock and product information into pricing table. First, learn how to pass info with variables.
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one)
- Use HubSpot Variables: inside of HubSpot, scroll down to the PandaDoc module. Click on Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens
- Copy and paste these tokens/variables with the square brackets into your template
- When you create a document using this template information from HubSpot will be populated through variables.
Use HubSpot custom properties as variables
Similarly, you can pull custom properties created in HubSpot on to PandaDoc documents. A custom property created in HubSpot for a specific object (Deal, Contact or Company) will show up in the corresponding tokens/variables list.
custom property must be filled out to show up in the variables list!
Open a record, scroll down to the PandaDoc module, click Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens to find it there. To have it populated in the documents, simply copy the variable on the template as shown in the previous section.
Use Roles and Role Variables to populate contact info
Contact information is not populating when you are creating documents from a deal or company object? Unfortunately, contact variables are not available within a deal or company, but there's a workaround. Template Roles and Role variables is a great way to pass some contact data still creating documents within a deal/company. You will be able to pass first name, last name, email address, phone, company name, job title, street address, city, postal code, country, state/region of a contact associated with a deal or company. Please note, variables are not available to eSignature plan users.
- In your template, click Roles at the top and add one
- Click on Data > Variables and find your specific Role name
- Click the duplicate icon next to a variable to copy, and paste it in your template. Example: [Client.Name]
- When creating a document from a deal/company, assign the contact associated with it to the Role you created
Expand for important information about variables
- To use variables that are mapped to other fields in PandaDoc or your CRM, they must match exactly. Variables are case sensitive, and one wrong character will cause the token to not populate. Example: [Contact.Address] [contactaddress]
- Variables will not work across all objects. To find the list of variables available to use for your HubSpot record, go to Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens. If you create a document from a Contact, you may use Company and Contact variables. If you create a document from a Company, you may use only Company variables. If you create a document from a Deal, you may use Company and Deal variables.
Push product information in PandaDoc
this functionality isn't available to eSignature plan users.
HubSpot Products are available on HubSpot’s Professional and Enterprise Plans.
What information will be transferred:
- Discount on the Line Item level
- Line Item name
- Line Item description
What’s not supported:
- Taxes (since taxes are not supported in HubSpot);
- Recurring payments set up in HubSpot will be transferred as a one-time payment option to PandaDoc, since PandaDoc doesn’t support recurring fees
- Products list order. In a PandaDoc pricing table, products might be listed in an order different from the one in HubSpot.
To pull products from HubSpot:
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then click "Properties" at the top of the table, in the table's properties on the right, turn on the toggle that says “Automatic import is"
- Make sure your products are attached to your Deal record in HubSpot
- Create your document from your Deal record in HubSpot. Check your pricing table to make sure your products populated
- In order for the discount to be displayed in the pricing table, click Columns on the right, select "Show more columns" > "Discount"
Note:Line Item Discounts, if set up in a $ amount, will be converted into % in PandaDoc, so the total in PandaDoc might be slightly different from the total in HubSpot.
Here's a short video of product being pullled:
My products don't get pulled into PandaDoc documents, what should I do?
- Check whether the pricing table in the template you are creating documents from, shows "Automatically add products to this table" as enabled. If it doesn't, switch on the toggle and create a document once again;
- If Point 1 didn't help or is not relevant, you would need to ask a person on your team that has Super Admin permissions access in HubSpot to re-connect the integration (recommended by HubSpot) - in PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > HubSpot > click Disable. And enable it back.
Create and track documents
- Go to HubSpot and open any Contact, Company or Deal record. Then click on ‘Create Document’;
- Choose the template you’d like to use and assign your recipients. Then review your document and make any necessary changes to customize it for your recipient;
- Click Send, and follow the prompts to customize your document’s title and email message;
- Go to the PandaDoc module in your HubSpot record to track the status of your document.
Link a document to a deal in HubSpot
If you’ve created a document in PandaDoc that you’d like to link to a deal in HubSpot, we’ve got you covered!
- Make sure you’re logged into both HubSpot and PandaDoc.
- In your PandaDoc tab, open the document, then click the HubSpot icon on the right. You can link a document in Draft status only.
- Click “Link” and you’ll be prompted to select a deal from your HubSpot account. Choose a deal and click “Link.” (Note that you’ll be unable to search deals here.) The list will display all deals you have access to, and the ten deals you’ve most recently updated will be listed at the top.
- On the right, under “Deal Info,” you can view the deal’s created date, status, and total amount. Please note, the deal info displayed in PandaDoc may need to be refreshed to ensure you’re viewing the latest update. If the deal amount or created date shows “Unknown,” it means this field is empty in HubSpot.
- Now go to the HubSpot deal record. The document will be displayed in the PandaDoc module as if it were created through HubSpot!
In order to unlink a document from a deal or link it to another one, click on the desired action on the Integrations panel. If you’ve created the document from another object (Company, Contact), you’ll be unable to unlink it from that object, and also unable to link it to a deal or view related information.
If the integration with HubSpot isn’t connected to your account, you’ll see one of the errors shown on the screenshots below. Either contact your PandaDoc Workspace Admin to have the integration connected, or, if you are the Admin, connect it yourself in Settings > Integrations.
Update a document with field values from HubSpot
To enable this feature, the document’s status must be “Draft.”
If you update information in your deal after the document has already been created or linked to the deal, you can update your document with new values from the linked deal. Here’s how:
- Within the PandaDoc document, go to the Integrations panel by clicking the HubSpot icon on the left.
- Under Document Data, click “Import from CRM.”
- The variables will be updated with the correct information from HubSpot.
Note:you’ll be unable to update PandaDoc fields, role variables, or pricing tables with product data from HubSpot.
Two of my Role variables won’t populate. Why?
We recently added two new fields to PandaDoc Contact records (Company and Phone Number). These fields have not been mapped to HubSpot yet, so you cannot use the corresponding variables ( [Role.Company] , [Role.Phone] ) to populate this information from HubSpot. These variables will only populate if their corresponding fields are filled out in your PandaDoc Contacts.
Some of my HubSpot variables aren’t populating. Why?
There are a few reasons this could happen.The variable characters have not been matched exactly to the mapped variable. Go to Actions > View PandaDoc Tokens to verify that they match.
- You are using a variable from another HubSpot record type, which is not supported in the record you are creating your document from. For example, Deal tokens/variables won't work when you create documents from Contacts;
- No value has been provided in the property mapped to your HubSpot variable.