By: Vera Kozlova
Important: Before you begin please follow the points below
- You must set up this Zap for an individual Template. Before setting up the Zap, we recommend creating a test document from Hubspot. Make sure its status matches the Trigger event status.
- If you are using multiple workspaces you will need to duplicate this Zap after it's completed and connect each workspace separately. Each workspace is like a "mini account" and has its own separate settings.
Step 1: PandaDoc Trigger Event.
1. Choose trigger application (PandaDoc) and event (i.e. Document is Completed).
2. Connect Zapier with your PandaDoc account.
3. If you do not select a Template in Zapier, you will only get general data points every document will have for the next Zap steps. If you select a specific Template, you will get all the data available in the Template: variables, fields, and pricing tables => you’ll have more options for pulling specific data from the PandaDoc document into the HubSpot deal to update it.
In this Zap, we’ll review the setup for Deal Status update only. That’s why you can just skip the “Customize Document” phase unless you need to have this Zap for a specific Template.
4. Make sure you have a completed Hubspot document that was created from the Deal object. Even if you don’t associate the Zap with a specific Template.
The purpose of this step is to connect the metadata of the deal to PandaDoc documents. Think of metadata as the link to let Hubspot know which deal to update when you create a PandaDoc document from the iFrame in a deal. If you don't see any recent documents, go ahead and select "Load More".
Step 2: Update Deal in Hubspot
1. Choose Action app (Hubspot) and event (i.e. Update Deal).
2. Link Zapier to your Hubspot account.
3. To customize Deal, set up a search step for Deal ID first and select “Metadata Hubspot.deal ID” value. This value allows the system to find the deal associated with the document.
Then select the Deal Pipeline and add Deal Stage you want to automatically update in Hubspot once the PandaDoc document is completed.
How have you used Zapier to automate your Hubspot workflow?
Please sign in to leave a comment.