Warning:PandaDoc reserves the right to temporarily suspend this feature if we see unreasonable usage, as this will impact deliverability for all of our PandaDoc users.
See below to learn how to send one document to multiple recipients. Each recipient will receive a unique copy to complete or view.
Availability: Business, Enterprise + a volume package for an additional fee
This feature is not available by default, please contact our Support team at email@example.com to have it enabled.
Watch an overview video:
What you need:
- A template with at least one Role
- A CSV file with your recipients data. Please note, you can send 1000 documents per hour maximum and you can't use the same email address for different recipients.
- Enable ‘Bulk Send’ in the Add-On Store. (This must be done by the account owner.)
We have a limit of 1000 email/hour max with this feature
Choosing a template
In the Dashboard, click ‘Create New’ and choose ‘Bulk send’.
Select a template from the list. Note, all fields must be assigned to Roles.
We’re going to use a template with one Role: Employee.
Reviewing template variables, creating a CSV file to upload your recipients’ data
First, review the variables that can be filled with your recipients’ data.
All default Role variables are displayed on each Role dropdown. We'll unfold the Employee dropdown to uncover all the default variables.
Custom variables (if you have any) show up in a separate dropdown.
Create a CSV file containing your recipients data.
PandaDoc generates a blank CSV file based on the template you’re using. Download this CSV file and fill it out with your recipients data.
Besides variables, this CSV file will include:
- Document title – you can customize document name for each recipient.
- Email message – you can customize email messages for individual recipients.
If you already have a CSV file that you’d like to adjust and upload, expand for the requirements
- The file must be formatted as a comma-separated values (CSV) file
- The first row in the file must specify what variables you’re going to populate in documents. Email variable is required and has to be filled out in the file; and the other variables/columns are optional. Variables are pasted in without square brackets. Please see the example below:
- CSV cannot contain more than 1000 recipients.
Uploading your CSV file
Now, you’re ready to upload your CSV file. You can drag and drop or choose from your device, importing from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and OneDrive are also available.
Review warnings and errors
After the CSV file has been processed, PandaDoc will show you errors and blank spots it has found.
Errors(highlighted in red): Missing or invalid email addresses. You cannot proceed with errors, therefore you should make necessary changes to the file and upload it again.
Warnings (highlighted in yellow): Unfilled variables. You can proceed to sending with warnings, the unfilled variables will be displayed as blanks on the sent documents.
Sending out your documents
Once you’re ready to send your documents, click “Continue”. This will take you to the last step of the process.
Here, you can review how many documents will be sent and add an email message if you haven’t specified it in your CSV file.
What happens after sending
After you click Send, PandaDoc will create a folder in your documents section named “Template name – Date” – using the name of the template you picked, and the date you sent it.
The folder will contain all the documents sent within this bulk.
When all documents have been sent, we’ll send you an email confirmation.