Note:A maximum of 50 documents can be sent during the trial. You can add up to 5 recipients if you’re using PandaDoc on a trial basis, and up to 50 recipients if your PandaDoc account is active. If you’d like to send a document to more than 50 recipients, you can use our Bulk Send feature.
Open the Dashboard or your document list and create a new document by selecting the +New button, then click on +Document, and then choose:
- Blank template — allows you to start from scratch in the PandaDoc editor. You can also select one of your pre-made templates
- Local file under Import from (see formats and limitations below) — allows you to upload your own file or convert a .docx file into an editable PandaDoc. You can also simply drag and drop your file to the upload area
- Google Drive, One Drive, Box, or Dropbox under Import from — allows you to upload your own file from your cloud storage
- You can mix and match all options inside the document later
The Free eSign plan supports only uploaded documents.
Supported file formats for upload: .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg and .docx.
You may run into an error uploading your document if it meets any of the following criteria:
- Password protection is enabled
- It contains form fields, embedded fonts, or comments
- It exceeds 50 MB or contains more than 500 pages
- It’s a .doc, .xls, or.ppt file from Microsoft Office 95 or older
- It’s a PDF consisting of several layers (to learn how to flatten your PDF, read this article)
Another option would be to pick a template from our template gallery:
If you upload your own file, it won’t be editable, but you can add more information to it by using content blocks.
We have plenty of design options to help you make your document look professional:
Once finished, add recipients, name your document and send it.