You can set up a workflow in HubSpot to automate certain actions based on PandaDoc document activity.
Note:PandaDoc can only be set as a trigger in a Contact based workflow.
Follow these steps to set up your workflow:
- In HubSpot, navigate to Automation, and in the dropdown select Workflows
- Next, select Create workflow and then From scratch
- Choose Contact-based as the workflow type and select the appropriate workflow type for your needs, then select Next
- Select Set up triggers
- Set up your triggers by first selecting PandaDoc | eSignatures & More: PandaDoc information from the filter type dropdown menu, then a property type such as Document Action, Document ID, Document Name, or Occurred
- Finally, set up the action that should occur when the trigger is activated
Note:Your HubSpot user profile needs to have View, Edit, and Delete permissions to be able to set up a HubSpot workflow. Your PandaDoc role will not affect creating a workflow in HubSpot.
When setting up a workflow triggered by PandaDoc document activity, you can choose from the following property types:
Document Action. This includes Created, Sent, Viewed, Approved, Completed, Paid, Declined.
Document ID. You can find the document ID within the PandaDoc interface.
Document Name. Make sure to use the exact document name as it appears in PandaDoc, since the name is case-sensitive.
Occurred. This property refers to the time and date on which the trigger occurred. You can set up triggers to occur before, after, or between certain dates, or is more/less than a certain amount of days/weeks.
Examples of the workflow that you can setup:
- Update the Contact property with the specific value once the document has been completed
- Create a task for a Contact owner in case the document is not completed and is in Viewed status
- Send an internal email to a Contact owner, HubSpot users, or Team once the document has been completed
Find more information on HubSpot Workflows here.
Learn more about HubSpot deal-based automations: