Note:Free eSign plan users can add up to two recipients per document.
Note:You can add up to 5 recipients if you’re using PandaDoc on a trial basis, and up to 50 recipients if your PandaDoc account is active. If you’d like to send a document to more than 50 recipients, you can use our Bulk Send feature.
Once you’ve created your document, add recipients who’ll either sign it or simply receive a copy.
Note:Recipients don't need a PandaDoc account to view or sign documents using PandaDoc.
- Open your document, then click Invite in the top right and select Recipient.
- If you don't have the recipient's record in your PandaDoc contacts, click Add recipient on the right, then enter their contact information. This article shows you how to import contacts in bulk via Zapier.
- Alternatively, you can start typing the recipient's name or email address.
- If you need to add a recipient on a sent document, you can do so the same way.
Note:You can add a signing recipient only to a document in draft status. You can add CC'd recipients to a document in draft, sent, and completed status. If a CC recipient is added to a sent or completed document, they will receive an email notification.
Warning:You cannot change a recipient's personal details once they’ve finalized a document — the signer indicator next to the recipient's name will become green after they’ve completed their part. In this case, you'll need to edit the document by selecting Actions > Edit document, follow the steps below, then resend the document.
To edit a recipient's personal details within a document in draft or sent status:
- Select Manage at the top of the page, or Manage recipients tab along the right panel
- Select the recipient whose details you’d like to edit
- Select Edit personal details
- Modify the recipient’s contact information
Note:Once you edit a recipient's personal details, this information will be updated in your contacts
- Select Save
Note:You’ll be unable to edit the email address of a recipient with whom you share an account.
When you edit a recipient’s email address and save changes, the document will be sent to their new email address, and the link sent to their previous email address will be deactivated.
Warning:You cannot change a signer once they’ve finalized a document — look for the signing indicator next to the recipient's name becoming green after they’ve completed their part. In this case, you’ll need to edit the document by selecting Actions > Edit document, follow the steps below, then resend the document.
To change the signer within a document in draft or sent status::
- Select Manage at the top of the page or Manage recipients tab along the right panel
- Select the signer you’d like to change
- Select Change signer
- Select another recipient from the dropdown, or add a new one
Note:You’ll be unable to select another recipient who has already signed this document.
- Select Change / Change and send
Note:If you’re changing a signer on a document that’s already been sent, the document will be sent to the new signer as soon as you select Change and send. The previous signer will be unable to access the document.
Note:You cannot remove a signer after you've sent a document.
Warning:You can remove a signing recipient only from a document in draft status. You can remove CC'd recipients from a document in draft, sent, and completed status. If a CC recipient is removed from a sent or completed document, their access link will be revoked.
- Click on the recipient’s name in the recipient list.
- Click Delete recipient.
You can set up a signing order if you’d like recipients to receive the document in a particular sequence.
- Select Manage at the top of the page or Manage recipients tab on the right to open the recipients list.
- Enable the Set signing order toggle.
- Arrange recipients by dragging them into the order you’d like them to receive a document.
- If you’d like specific recipients to sign a document simultaneously, you can group them by dragging one recipient over another. This way, you can combine sequential and non-sequential signing options as necessary.
- After a document has been sent, you still have the flexibility to change the signing order for recipients who haven’t yet received the document. Learn more about our signing order feature here.
Enable signature forwarding
If you’re unsure who’ll be signing the document, you can grant signature forwarding permission to the recipient to whom you’re sending the document.
- Assign the fields to the recipient to make them a signer.
- Open the recipients list, then toggle on Document forwarding. This allows the recipient to forward the document to another person.
- Then, toggle on Signature forwarding below. This allows the first recipient to let another person sign instead of them.
How the recipient forwards permission to sign
The recipient can forward permission to sign directly from the PandaDoc email, or from the document itself:
The recipient can then enter the email address of the new signer, check the Allow this person to sign the document instead of me option, then click Forward.
Grant the right to suggest edits
Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Our contract negotiations feature allows you and your recipients to easily suggest and discuss edits, then apply them within the document before you sign its finalized version. Find out more here.
To allow your recipients to make changes in the document you send them, open the template or document, then select +Add roles/recipients on top of the page. (If you already have roles/recipients added in your template or document, select Manage.) Finally, switch on the toggle for Suggesting.
You can allow your recipients to resolve suggestions made by a document recipient.
To do this, open the template or document, then select +Add roles/recipients at the top of the page. (If you already have roles/recipients added in your template or document, select Manage.) Finally, switch on the toggle for Resolve suggested edits. By default, this setting is switched off.
Availability: Business* and Enterprise* plans
* 100 SMS per account are included (non-renewable package). You can purchase an additional volume package with a minimum of 50 SMS for $0,40 per SMS.
This feature helps you easily set up a unique passcode or SMS code for each document recipient. Your recipients will need to pass verification to view or sign the document. Learn more here.
Select the Manage button at the top of the page, or select the Manage recipients tab on the right. Then, click the recipient's name to set up verification and switch on the “Recipient verification” toggle.
Disable document download for recipients
You can disable document download for recipients on a template or document level. To disable the document download option for recipients select Manage at the top of the page and switch off the toggle for Download under "Recipient permissions".