Note:you can add 10 recipients max if you are on a trial, and 50 recipients if your account is active. In order to send a document to more than 50 recipients, you can use our Bulk Send feature.
Once you have created your document, you add recipients who will sign it or just receive a copy. Recipients don't need an account to view or sign documents with PandaDoc.
- Open your document, click Add Recipients in the top right.
- If you don't have the recipient's record in your PandaDoc contacts, click Add recipients on the right and enter their contact data (see here how to import contacts through Zapier in bulk).
- Or start typing the recipient's name or email address.
- If you need to add a recipient on a sent document, you can do so the same way.
Warning:you cannot change the recipient’s email address on a sent document! Please, edit the document, go through the steps below and resend it.
If you need to edit the recipient's contact data, you must delete them from the document (in case they have already been added), modify the contact record and add it back to the document. Changes will not be applied if you edit the contact record but not delete and re-add the recipient on the document.
- Delete them from the recipients list on the document by clicking on Manage in the top right, then on the recipient > Delete recipient.
- Go to your contacts list and find the contact that needs to be edited.
- Click on the contact's record and then click on the "pen" icon to edit it.
- Save the changes and go back to the document.
- Re-add the recipient.
Warning:you can delete a recipient on a draft document only! If you need to remove the recipient from a sent document, please edit the document, delete the recipient and resend it.
- Click on the recipient’s name in the recipient list
- Click “Delete recipient”
You can set up a signing order if you want recipients to receive the document in a particular sequence.
- Open the recipients list by clicking Manage in the top right.
- Toggle the signing order on.
- Drag and drop the recipients in the desired order. See more about signing order here.
Enable signature forwarding
If you are not sure who will be signing the document, you can grant signature forwarding rights to the recipient you are sending the document to.
- Assign the fields to the recipient.
- Open the recipients list, toggle on Document forwarding. (This will allow the recipient to forward the document to another person.)
- Then, toggle on Signature forwarding below. (This will allow the first recipient to allow another person sign instead of them.)
How the recipient forwards the right to sign
The recipient can forward the right to sign right from the PandaDoc email or from the document:
Then they enter an email address of the new signer and check the option "Allow this person to sign the document instead of me" and click "Forward."