Note:You can add up to 10 recipients if you’re using PandaDoc on a trial basis, and up to 50 recipients if your PandaDoc account is active. If you’d like to send a document to more than 50 recipients, you can use our Bulk Send feature.
Once you’ve created your document, add recipients who’ll either sign it or simply receive a copy.
Note:Recipients don't need a PandaDoc account to view or sign documents using PandaDoc.
- Open your document, then click Add recipients in the top right.
- If you don't have the recipient's record in your PandaDoc contacts, click Add recipient on the right, then enter their contact information. This article shows you how to import contacts in bulk via Zapier.
- Alternatively, you can start typing the recipient's name or email address.
- If you need to add a recipient on a sent document, you can do so the same way.
Warning:You cannot change the recipient’s email address on a sent document! To do this, you’ll need to edit the document by clicking Actions > Edit document, go through the steps below, then resend it.
If you need to edit the recipient's contact information, you must delete the recipient from the document (if they’ve already been added), modify their contact record, then re-add the recipient to the document. Changes will not be applied if you edit the contact record, but fail to delete and re-add the recipient to the document.
- Delete the person from the recipient list on the document by clicking Manage in the top right, then on the recipient > Delete recipient.
- Go to your Contacts list and locate the contact you’d like to edit.
- Click on the contact's record, then click on the "pen" icon to edit it.
- Save the changes, then return to the document.
- Re-add the recipient.
Warning:You can delete a recipient only on a draft document! If you need to remove the recipient from a sent document, you’ll need to edit the document by clicking Actions > Edit document, delete the recipient, then resend it.
- Click on the recipient’s name in the recipient list
- Click Delete recipient
You can set up a signing order if you’d like recipients to receive the document in a particular sequence.
- Open the recipients list by clicking Manage in the top right.
- Toggle on signing order.
- Drag and drop the recipients by the number in your desired order. Learn more about our signing order feature here.
Enable signature forwarding
If you’re unsure who’ll be signing the document, you can grant signature-forwarding permission to the recipient to whom you’re sending the document.
- Assign the fields to the recipient.
- Open the recipients list, then toggle on Document forwarding. (This allows the recipient to forward the document to another person.)
- Then, toggle on Signature forwarding below. (This allows the first recipient to let another person sign instead of them.)
How the recipient forwards permission to sign
The recipient can forward permission to sign directly from the PandaDoc email, or from the document itself:
The recipient can then enter the email address of the new signer, check the Allow this person to sign the document instead of me option, then click Forward.
Disable document download for recipients
You can disable document download for recipients on a template or document level. To disable the document download option for recipients select Manage at the top of the page and switch off the toggle for Download under "Recipient permissions".