Availability: All plans
Important:Make sure that the intended recipients/signers are the only ones accessing the document through their link. Recipients are identified through their unique links. Check out the recipient verification feature for extra security.
Share a document link in a desktop/mobile browser
To share a document via link:
- Open a document and click the Send document button on top of the page. If it's an already sent document select Actions > Share via link
- Click Share via link button
- Click Generate links
- PandaDoc will generate individual links for recipients. Click Copy to copy the link to your clipboard
- Close the popup. You can re-visit the links by going to Actions on top of the page and then clicking Share via link button.
Note:Generating document link(s) transfers the document into the Sent status. If you have auto reminders set up on this document, they will be activated after the document becomes "sent", i.e. an auto reminder will be sent to the recipient # of days (that you have set) after the document becomes sent.
Note:Once you click Generate links the document will automatically move to “Sent” status so you will not be able to send the document via PandaDoc. If you’d like to send via PandaDoc and share via link, click Send via email in PandaDoc first. Once the document has been sent, you can click Share via link to generate links.
If you edit a document after sharing it, the document will move back to “Draft” status and your recipients will no longer be able to access it. To move the document back to “Sent” status (so your recipients can access it again), select Send > Share via link > and click “Generate links” again. No need to resend the links (the links will remain the same).
Track link sharing events in Audit Trail
Now, you can see whether the document was shared via link in Audit Trail:
How to disable link sharing
- Go to Add-On Store;
- Find the Link sharing add-on and click on it;
- In the pop-up window select Workspaces > select workspaces in which you would like to disable the feature > Save changes.