Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Copper plans and access to the API: this integration will only work on the Professional and Business Copper plans, as these two plans have access to the API functionality.
This integration will allow you to create, send, and track documents from Opportunities, People and Company objects from Copper.
Please make sure, you have a PandaDoc account and you’ve installed the PandaDoc Chrome extension for Copper (ProsperWorks) (currently this integration is only available for Chrome browser users).
To install the Chrome extension, go to your PandaDoc account, Settings > API & Integrations, find Copper, click on it and click “Install Chrome extension.”
Login to your Copper account and access the PandaDoc panel
To access the PandaDoc panel, open any opportunity, people, or organization record. The panel with Create new document button will automatically appear on the right once you install Copper Chrome extension.
Use PandaDoc Roles and templates to import Contact information
Warning:Variables aren't available to eSignature plan users.
With Template Roles, we can import contact information (First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Company) from a Copper record.
- Create a Role first: open your template, go to Manage roles tab on the right, add a Role.
- Access Role variables: go to the Variables tab, find your role variables, copy and add them to your template.
Setup your templates to pass data from Copper
This functionality isn't available to eSignature plan users.
Variables are very helpful timesavers that will auto-fill information from an opportunity, people or a company record into a document. Learn more about variables here.
- To view all of the available data that you can push from an opportunity, people or an organization record via variables to a document, click on the gear icon -> “Variables” tab;
- Copy a variable name with the square brackets from the list;
- Add it in your template.
From now on, every document created from an object within Copper — using this template — will be prefilled with the information you set up.
Note:Custom fields added to an opportunity, people or company will also show up in the list of variables.
Passing information from Copper into PandaDoc (via fields)
You can pass data into PandaDoc fields similarly to how variables operate. Unlike with variables, however, you don’t need to include square brackets.
In the list of tokens, copy the token without square brackets into Merge field.
Once the document has been sent, the recipient will see the pre-filled data and be able to update this field, provided the field has been assigned to them.
Send and track documents
- Go to a Copper opportunity, people or company, on the PandaDoc module, click "Create a new document";
- Select your template. If you are creating from an Opportunity record, Owner and Primary Contact will be suggested as recipients, assign them to Roles and click "Start editing";
- Check the document and send it out;
- Go back to the Copper record to track the document status.