Document forward when enabled allows your recipients to forward the document to another person to review the document.
Signature forwarding allows your recipients to forward the document to another person for signing.
Once of it happens, you will be notified via email. New recipient will be added to the recipients list. In case of signature forwarding, a new signer (their email) be recorded on the signature certificate.
Plan availability: all plans.
Enable this feature in the Add-on Store.
Enable document and/or signature forward on templates and documents
Open an existing template or document in draft, sent or viewed status or create a new one. Then click Roles (for templates) or Recipients (for documents). Under Roles/Recipients, click "Document Forwarding."
Note:once you enable the feature on a template, all new documents created from the template will inherit the setting.
You will see the two toggles:
- Document forwarding — your recipient will be able to forward the document to another email address.
- Signature forwarding – your recipient will be able to forward the right to fill out all fields (including signature) assigned to them to another email address.
How recipient forwards a document
In order to forward a document, the recipient can:
- click Forward in the email OR
- click the arrow icon in the top right in the document AND
- enter an email address to forward the document to
If the recipient wants to forward the right to fill out their fields and sign as well, they must check the option "Allow this person to sign the document instead of me."
Once the document is forwarded to another email address, you will be notified via email and the newly added person will show up in your recipients list.