Activity reporting can be used to provide specific details about the activity in your account. Consists of Documents Completed, Revenue generated, Close rate, Time to Close, Document funnel and Leaderboard.
Plan availability: Enterprise plan.
Access Activity Reporting
Once you have gained access, click on the “Reporting” icon on the left side of your PandaDoc account and select “Activity”:
If you don’t find the icon, please ask your Account Owner to enable the feature in the Add-on store (found in the bottom left of your PandaDoc account).
Understanding Activity Reporting
First, you can select a date range. In the top left, select a time period you’d like to get a report for.
Find details about each metric below:
This is a total # of documents completed within a selected date range, including documents in “Paid” and “Waiting for Payment” statuses.
Note, documents are included in this metric based on when they were completed regardless of when they were sent or viewed.
For example, you picked the date range of February 16th to March 16th, 2018. 10 documents were sent and completed within this time range, 3 documents were sent before February 16th but were completed within the chosen time period, so the metric will show 13 in total.
The sum of the Grand Totals of all documents that were Completed within the chosen date range.
Note:only documents with Grand Totals in your default currency are included in the Revenue generated metric.
E.g. if your default currency is USD, you have 12 completed docs within the selected time period, but 2 of them have Grand Totals in EUR, the Revenue generated metric will only be for the 10 USD documents.
Time to close
Average time it takes for your documents to get from “Sent” to “Completed” within a selected date range.
For example, you have 33 documents that were sent and completed within a selected time period. The system will calculate the average time between the moment they were Sent and the moment they were Completed, for example 2.3 days.
Within a selected time period, it shows the number of documents, Grand Totals for each status (Sent → Viewed → Completed) and Conversion rate (from “Sent” to “Completed” and between each status).
Take a look at the example below:
- There are 46 “Sent” docs within the selected date range with the total of all Grand totals equaling $321.225
- 9 of them have been viewed within the selected date range. Conversion rate from “Sent” to “Viewed” is 19.6%.
- 7 out of 9 viewed documents were completed. Conversion rate from “Viewed” to “Completed” is 77,8%.
- Overall conversion rate from “Sent” to “Completed” is 15.2%.
Note:only documents with Grand Totals in your default currency are included into Revenue calculations.
Also be aware that if you manually changed the status of a document from “Sent” to “Completed” it won’t be included in the Document funnel metric because it never went through the “Viewed” stage.
Why doesn’t the Revenue generated metric match the one in the Document funnel?
The Document funnel covers documents that moved from “Sent” to “Viewed,” then from “Viewed” to “Completed” while Revenue generated shows “Completed” documents only, regardless of when they were sent or viewed.
Gives you a breakdown of your team’s performance. You can see stats for the entire team or look at individual performance:
- Number of “Sent,” “Viewed” and “Completed” documents;
- Total of Grand Totals of documents in the “Sent,” “Viewed” and “Completed” statuses.
Document activity report export
You can export a report on document activity within a certain period of time in a CSV file format.
What information is included in a report:
- Workspace a document is located in;
- User name and user email (Document author);
- Document name;
- Template name (the template a document was created from, if the document wasn't created from a template, the cell will remain empty);
- Template folder (where the template is located);
- Document recipient(s);
- Document status (upon export);
- Created Date;
- Updated Date;
- Sent Date;
- Completed Date;
- Grand Total (amount);
- Grand Total Currency;
- Status Changed Manually (whether a document status was changed manually);
- Signed in person (whether a document was signed in person);
- Document URL.
Please reach out to our support team at email@example.com to have it enabled for your account.
Note:this feature is still in Beta. Do let us know if you see any imperfections, this will help us make the feature run smoother.
Steps to export document activity
Once our support team has informed you the feature is turned on, go to Reporting > Activity, click "Export report (CSV)" in the top right corner. Check your email to download the CSV file.