Note:The updated product catalog is in closed beta. Click here to learn about our standard product catalog.
Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Our updated catalog is the best place to store all your products and services to build clear and beautiful quotes for your customers.
Create catalog items
To start, go to the catalog. You can create items manually one by one or import them via a .csv import. To create an item manually, select Create item at the top right. Click here to learn how to import your products using a .csv file.
Now, enter all the necessary product attributes. Fields 'product name', 'SKU', and 'price' are required. All other fields are optional. Finally, select Save at the top right.
Images and description
Note:.jpeg, .png, and WebP files are supported for catalog images. You can upload no more than 10 images per catalog item with a maximum image size of 10MB. We suggest adding images with a square aspect ratio to match the image thumbnail format in the quote builder block.
You can describe your products by adding and decorating fields or uploading images.
Note:The description field is a semi-HTML block, where you can use bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough formatting, as well as number points, bullet points, and hyperlinks. Description length can’t exceed 500 symbols.
Note:.jpeg, .png, and WebP files are supported for catalog images. You can upload no more than 10 images per catalog item.
You can set the pricing method for a product that could be either fixed or volume-based. For fixed-priced products, you are setting up the price per unit. For volume-based, price depends on quantity. Read more about volume-based pricing here.
Update catalog items
Tip:Use sorting to see relevant products. You can sort catalog items by title, SKU, price, and modified date.
After you've created catalog items, you can update them by editing any of the product attributes. Although you can change your product attributes, this will not affect documents sent to your customers.
You can update catalog items one by one or via a .csv file. To update your catalog using a .csv file you’ll need to export your existing products first. To do this, click three vertical ellipses at the top right in the catalog and select Export, then edit the products in the .csv file and import it back to PandaDoc by clicking Import at the top right.
Note:Products added to the pricing tables in your content library items and templates will be automatically updated once you import the edited catalog using a .csv file.
Grouping catalog items into categories
You can group your products into categories to easily locate them later. To start, go to the catalog and create a category for your products. To create a category, select +New category on the left panel, then type a name for your category and select Create.
There are three ways how you can move your existing products to a category:
- Hover over a catalog item and click three dots at the far right > Move, then, select a category and click Save.
- Select an item from the list by clicking the checkbox on the left to its name > Change category at the top. This way, you can move to a different category several items at once.
- Click on an item to access editing mode and select a different category from the drop-down on the right.
Note:You can add no more than 5 nested sub-categories inside every category.
Note:Product bundles is an advanced quotes feature and it’s only supported in a quote builder block.
To bundle products, first, create a new catalog item or select an existing one. Then, switch on the toggle “Product bundle” at the top right corner. Next, click +Products, select products to bundle from your catalog, and click Add items at the bottom right of the screen. Finally, click Save.
Note:Users with a Member role can’t edit or bundle catalog items.
Catalog items with bundled products have a useful indicator with a number of combined products in the catalog list and catalog picker.
Add catalog items to a pricing table
Warning:You can't add catalog items in the mobile app.
First, open a template/document/content library item or a form and add a pricing table. There are three ways you can add catalog items to a pricing table:
- Select +Products > Catalog at the bottom of the table, then search for the product in the catalog pop-up. Select the items you need.
- Click the small arrow at the top right of a cell in your pricing table, then select Insert from the catalog below.
- Start typing the product name or the SKU in the Name column — auto-suggest will then show available options in your product catalog.
Add custom fields to a pricing table
Note:Custom field values are added as plain text, its values can’t be used in pricing table calculations.
After you import an item from your catalog, its custom fields will be automatically added as hidden columns. To display a custom field, click the plus sign on the right side of the pricing table or right-click in any cell, then choose your custom field from the hidden columns.
Delete catalog items
You can delete a catalog item, or delete multiple items in bulk.
There are three ways how you can delete items in the catalog:
- Hover over a catalog item and click three dots at the far right > Delete
- Select an item from the list by clicking the checkbox on the left to its name > Delete at the top. This way, you can move to a different category several items at once
- Click on an item to access editing mode and select three vertical ellipses at the top right > Delete.