PandaDoc: Business and Enterprise plans
ActiveCampaign: All plans
Watch an overview video:
PandaDoc as an action (outbound flow)
PandaDoc app allows you to automatically create documents using any ActiveCampaign triggers containing contact information. In order to set up automation with PandaDoc App, follow the steps below:
- Start by going to “Automations”, select “Create an automation” at the top right corner, and select “Start from Scratch”
- Choose a trigger with contacts info (we use the “Deal stage changes” trigger as an example) and proceed to Actions
- In the “Add a New Action” window, go to CX Apps and select “Create PandaDoc document using your contacts” action
Now, you need to authorize and connect your PandaDoc account to ActiveCampaign.
First, select Connect. If you’re not logged in to your PandaDoc account you’ll need to log in and Authorise the app (select Sign up on top of the page to create a new account if you don’t have one).
Once you authenticate via the form your account will be connected to ActiveCampaign.
Next, choose a template that will be used to generate new documents when the trigger is set off. Learn more about creating templates here.
Once you have selected the template, you can review the action and finish the setup.
Finally activate your automation.
Now, each time your trigger is set off ActiveCampaign will create a PandaDoc document using the contact details from that trigger as recipients.
Note:ActiveCampaign contacts are pulled to PandaDoc documents as CC'd recipients. If you need them to fill out information or sign your document, you'll need to manually assign fields to the recipients.
You can review, make final adjustments and send the created document in your PandaDoc account.
Note:The name of the created document will be “Created From AC”. You can manually modify it inside the document or in the document list by clicking three vertical ellipses on the far right to the document name > Rename.
PandaDoc as a trigger (inbound flow)
You can also use PandaDoc App as a trigger for your ActiveCampaign automations.
PandaDoc triggers in ActiveCampaign:
- Document created (notifies ActiveCampaign when a document is created in PandaDoc)
- Document updated (notifies ActiveCampaign when a document changes its status)
- Tag added (notifies ActiveCampaign when a tag is added to a PandaDoc document)
To use PandaDoc as a trigger follow these steps:
- Go to “Automations”, select “Create an automation” at the top right corner, and select “Start from Scratch”
- Next, go to Apps > PandaDoc > and choose a PandaDoc document object (we use “Document updated” trigger)
- Then, set up the trigger by choosing a PandaDoc document field (we use the “Status” field as an example and our trigger will be activated each time the document will move from “Viewed” status to “Completed”)
- Once you’ve set up your trigger, select an action and activate your automation
Note:You can’t have PandaDoc as a trigger and action at the same time.
Tracking documents in ActiveCampaign contacts
Once you connect PandaDoc CX App and used PandaDoc as an action to create new documents using contact information from your trigger, you’ll see a Custom PandaDoc Object in your Contact records. To track the updates on the document's status inside PandaDoc custom object in Contacts follow these steps:
- Go to Apps > Connected Apps > PandaDoc and select Setup under your connected account
- Click Select in the next pop-up
- Review the tags that will be added to your automations with PandaDoc and click Continue
- Select Continue in the next step
- Map contact information fields and select Finish
Now, you can go to a Contact and see the following data for each automatically generated document:
- Status (current document status)
- Workspace (the workspace your document was created in)
- Created (date when your document was created)
- Last updated (date the status of your document changed)
- Created by (document owner)
- Open URL (recipient view link if the document was sent)
How to disconnect PandaDoc app
In order to disconnect the integration follow the steps below:
- Go to Apps > Connected Apps
- Select PandaDoc
- Click the small arrow next to your account and select Disconnect.