Availability: Essentials, Business, and Enterprise plans
Limitations: You can bundle up to 10 documents, with a maximum per-document size of 50MB.
Format Warning: Text Fields shift when themes are inconsistent across documents and content library items. Ensure the same theme is applied to all content being used in the document creation process to avoid formatting issues.
Need to send several documents in a single email and have them signed and stored separately? Use our document bundling feature to send your documents in one tidy package.
Watch an overview video:
How to bundle documents
We suggest bundling documents on the template level to include any documents you usually send (NDAs, contracts, invoices, etc.) that need to be signed and stored separately.
Learn how to bundle documents via API here.
Note:Any approval workflow or signing order that you’ve set up in your templates will be disabled once you bundle documents. When bundling documents, you’ll need to set up a new approval workflow or signing order for the template.
There are several ways you can bundle your documents on the template/document level.
- Start by creating a single template/document, then add documents to it. Use several templates you already have, add templates from our template gallery, or upload documents.
- Upload several documents to create a batch you can sequence yourself. To do this, select Documents on the left navigation > +Document, then either select Upload file to choose files from your desktop, or simply drag and drop several files into the upload area.
Select several templates to create a batch. To do this, first select Documents on the left navigation > click on the arrow next to +Document button and select From my templates. Next, select the templates you’d like to include in the order you need, then select Add items.
Alternatively, select the templates you'd like to bundle in the template list and click Bundle at the top of the page.
Note:The third option is the best way to bundle templates when creating documents via Salesforce, Zendesk Sell, Microsoft Dynamics, and monday.com.
Note:To change the documents’ order drag the document/template by the title to the place you need.
To bundle documents within a single template or document, select the document icon at the top left, then hover above or under the document name in the Documents panel until you see a blue indicator line. Once you do, click the plus icon (+), then select Add document.
Alternatively, you can select +Document to add a document to the foot of the document batch.
Once you’ve bundled your documents, you can add all necessary fields and ensure each one is assigned to the appropriate signer. Finally, you can send your batch of documents to recipients via email or direct link.
Working with bundled documents
You can easily navigate your bundled documents by using the Documents panel. To open the panel, simply select the document icon under the name of your batched documents.
Within the Documents panel, you can:
- Add a new document/content
- Fold or unfold a document by selecting the arrow next to the document name
- Change a document’s name
- Delete a document
- Replace the source file of an uploaded document
Each document name will be shown separately above the document. It will be inherited from the templates/uploaded file names that were used to create a bundle.
Signing bundled documents
Note:If any bundled document requires editing, it’s necessary to edit and resend the entire batch.
Each signer will need to fill out the field(s) assigned to them and select Finish to complete all bundled documents. Signers can use the Documents panel on the left to easily navigate through documents.
Once all signers have completed each document, the status of the batch will change to “Completed.” At this point, you’ll be able to download the documents as a single PDF or separate PDF files, with a signature certificate for each document containing a signature field.
Downloading bundled documents
You have two options for downloading batched documents:
- As multiple, separate PDFs
- As a single PDF with a separate signature certificate for each completed document (Please note that the signature certificate is added to any document containing at least one signature field and finalized by each signer.)
Note:When you download documents as separate files, the PDFs will inherit individual names they have in a bundle. If you download bundled documents as a single file, it will inherit the bundled documents' name.
When I try to download bundled documents, nothing happens.
This could be caused by your browser blocking multiple-file downloads. To allow multiple-file downloads:
- Open Google Chrome, then select Customize/Control Google Chrome > Settings
- Go to Privacy and security > Site settings
- In the Additional permissions select Automatic Downloads section, select “Allow all sites to download multiple files automatically”
- Select “Safari” in the menu bar in the top left corner, then select Preferences
- At the top of the window, select Websites
- In the left sidebar, select Downloads
- Select the Allow drop-down menu on the right side
- Select Allow next to “When visiting other websites to change download settings for all websites”
- Click the menu bar in the top right corner, then select Settings
- In the right panel, select Cookies and Site Permissions
- Scroll down and select Automatic downloads
- Toggle the switch on to allow multiple-file downloads automatically