Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Integrate Freshsales with PandaDoc for end-to-end sales cycle management:
- Create and open associated documents from Freshsales deals
- Save time by automatically populating PandaDoc documents with deal data from Freshsales
- If you have contacts assigned to a deal, we will add them to the document recipients list automatically
- Track document status changes in the PandaDoc module in Freshsales
Install the integration
- In Freshsales, click on Launchpad on the left panel, select Marketplace apps
- Find PandaDoc and Install the app
- Open a deal, scroll down to Deal details, and check out the newly added PandaDoc module. That’s it!
Set up PandaDoc templates to pull information from Freshsales
Pre-set a PandaDoc template with variables that will pull data from Freshsales once you create a new document from Freshsales using this template.
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one) in PandaDoc
- Open Freshsales in a separate tab. In a Deal, scroll down to the PandaDoc module, click the gear icon > View variables. You will see a list of the available variables which shows Deal fields and their associated values in Freshsales
- Copy these variables with the square brackets and add them to your template
- Create a new document from Freshsales using this template, and variables will be populated with info from Freshsales.
Note:There is no way to pass product information from Freshsales to PandaDoc. You can vote for this feature here.
Passing information from Freshsales into PandaDoc (via fields)
You can pass data into PandaDoc fields similarly to how variables operate. Unlike with variables, however, you must not include square brackets.
In the list of variables, copy the variable without square brackets into Merge field.
Once the document has been sent, the recipient will see the pre-filled data and be able to update this field, provided the field has been assigned to them.
Use template roles and role variables
Roles help you pre-define fields for your recipients to sign in the template. You can also use Role variables to auto-populate contact info (first name, last name, email address) inside your document.
- In your template, click Roles on the right and add one. Assign fields to the role
- Click Content > Variables, find your specific Role name
- Click on a variable to copy, and add it to the template. Example: [Client.Name]
- When you create a document from Freshsales, you will be prompted to assign deal participants to the template roles. All fields will be automatically assigned to the document recipients and role variables filled out with the contact information.
Create and track documents from Freshsales
Once you've set up your template, you can go ahead and create documents from Freshsales.
- Open a Deal, scroll down to the PandaDoc module, click Create new document
- Choose your template from the template list and click Add 1 item (you can bundle several templates if needed)
- Assign recipients to roles and click Continue
- Review your document and send it
- Track the document status in Freshsales inside the PandaDoc module.