Availability: All plans
Signing order allows you to manage your document distribution list efficiently. With this feature, you can ensure that your document reaches each recipient one by one, waiting for the previous signature or any other required field to be completed before moving on to the next participant.
It’s best to set up a signing order on your template (both editable and uploaded) to ensure that all subsequent documents automatically inherit this setting.
How to use signing order
- Open your template and select Manage at the top of the page or Manage roles tab on the right to access the list of roles. (In a document, select Manage or Manage recipients to open the recipients list.)
- Enable the Set signing order toggle.
- Arrange roles (or recipients) by dragging them into the order you’d like them to receive a document.
- If you’d like specific recipients to sign a document simultaneously, you can group them by dragging one role/recipient over another. This way, you can combine sequential and non-sequential signing options as necessary.
- After a document has been sent, you still have the flexibility to change the signing order for recipients who haven’t yet received the document.
Note:If a document has been shared via a link, an email notification will be sent to the next signer only after the previous recipient has completed their part.
Tips for Placing CC Roles/Recipients
- If you place a CC role before a signer role, both participants will receive a notification email at the same time.
- If you place a CC role after a signer role, the CC recipient will receive a notification email only after the signer completes it.
The previous recipient has signed the document, but the next person in line has not received it yet
To ensure the document reaches the next person, the signer must complete the signing process by clicking on the Finish button at the end. Once the document is successfully signed, you will receive a completion notification email, and the next person in line will be able to access the document.