Plan availability: Business and Enterprise
Integrate Pipedrive with PandaDoc for end-to-end sales cycle management:
- Create and open associated documents from Pipedrive deals, organizations and people
- Save time by automatically populating PandaDoc documents with deal, organization, contact data from Pipedrive
- If you have contacts assigned to a deal, we will add them to document recipients list automatically
- Track document status changes in the PandaDoc module on the App panels
- Once a document is completed, we’ll upload the document PDF under the deal files
This integration works in the Organization, People and Deal object in Pipedrive.
Install the Integration
Warning:Each user in PandaDoc must install the integration with Pipedrive individually. If you don’t have access to Integrations inside PandaDoc, please use this link to install the Pipedrive <> PandaDoc integration.
- Login to both your PandaDoc and Pipedrive accounts.
- In PandaDoc, go to the Settings > Integrations > Click the button for Pipedrive > Install in Pipedrive. Or go to Pipedrive Marketplace, find PandaDoc and install the app from there;
- Open any Contact, Organization or Deal then click the App Extensions icon in the top right corner; you should see two PandaDoc options: “Create new document” and “View tokens”.
Set up Templates to pull information from Pipedrive
this functionality isn't available to eSignature plan users.
Watch a short video for the template setup:
Pre-set a PandaDoc template with variables that will pull information from Pipedrive once you create a new document from Pipedrive using this template.
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one) in PandaDoc;
- Open Pipedrive in a separate tab. In the Organization, Contact or Deal, click the App Extensions icon in the top right corner > View Tokens. You will see a list of the available variables which shows Deal fields and their associated values in Pipedrive. Switch tabs to see more available variables;
- Copy and paste these variables with the square brackets into your template;
- Create a new document from Pipedrive using this template, and variables will be populated with info from Pipedrive.
Pipedrive custom fields created for deals will show up in the list of variables along with standard fields.
Use Template Roles and Role Variables
See Role variables in action:
Roles help you pre-define fields for your recipients to sign. You can also use Role variables to auto-populate contact info (first name, last name, email address) inside your document. Please note, variables are not available to eSignature plan users.
- In your template, click Roles at the top and add one. Assign fields to the role;
- Click on Data, find your specific Role name;
- Click on a duplicate icon to copy a Variable, and add it to the template. Example: [Client.Name];
- When you create a document from Pipedrive, you will be prompted to assign deal participants to the template roles. All fields will be automatically assigned to the document recipients and role variables filled out with the contact information.
Send product information from Pipedrive to PandaDoc
Pipedrive Products are available on Pipedrive’s Gold Plan.
What product info you can pull:
- Product name
- Product comments
- Tax (PandaDoc supports only the tax-exclusive rate when passing PipeDrive products to the document)
As with variables/tokens, you need to pre-set a template to accept product information from Pipedrive.
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then go to the table’s Properties on the right side, and turn on the toggle that says Automatic import is.
- Make sure your products are attached to your Deal record in Pipedrive;
- Create your document from your Deal record in Pipedrive (don't forget to select your template!)
- Check your pricing table to make sure your products populated
- To display your discount or tax, click the plus sign on the right side of the pricing table and select Discount/Tax under Hidden columns.
Line item won’t be passed, if name, price or quantity is null or none.
Notes about discounts and taxes
- With the integration, you can pass line item taxes and discounts. Please note, the tax specified in the product record will override the tax specified in the deal and will be passed to PandaDoc.
- In PandaDoc, discounts and taxes are displayed as a percentage in the pricing table edit mode, while the view mode will show the discounts and taxes in currency value.
Pass product description into the Pricing table
You can pass product comments into product description in the pricing table:
- Put in the product description in the comments
- Create a document: product comments are passed into the product description section in the pricing table
Create and track documents from Pipedrive
Once you've set up your template, go ahead and create documents from Pipedrive:
- Open an Organization, Contact or Deal, click the App Extensions icon, click Create document;
- Choose your template from the template list;
- Assign recipients to Roles and click Start editing;
- Review your document and send it out;
- Track the document status in the Pipedrive record under Notes;
- When a document is signed and completed by all recipients, a PDF is attached under Files to the deal record in Pipedrive.