This integration will allow you to create, send, and track documents from Leads, People, and Companies objects from Nutshell.
Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Install the integration
This integration works through a Chrome extension.
- To install the Chrome extension, first, go to your PandaDoc account. Next, select your name in the lower-left corner and click on Integrations, then click on Nutshell, and select Install Chrome extension
- To access the PandaDoc panel, open a Lead, People, or Company in Nutshell. If you see a message to connect, click Connect and login to your PandaDoc account
- Once you’re connected, you will see the PandaDoc module ready to create new documents
Set up PandaDoc Templates use them with Nutshell
Use PandaDoc Roles to import Contact information
With template roles, you can import contact information (first and last names, email address, and company) from a Nutshell Lead.
- Open your template, then click on +Add roles at the top and add a role
- Click Variables in the right panel, next find the default role variables by the role name at the beginning, e.g. Client.FirstName
- Copy a variable and paste it where you need it in the template
Pull data from Nutshell in PandaDoc documents
Variables will save your time auto-filling information from a lead, company or people record into a document:
- To view all of the available data that you can push from a Lead, People, and Company via variables to a document, in the PandaDoc module, click on the gear icon > Variables
- Copy the variable name with the square brackets and add it to the template
Note:Variables will not work across all objects. To find the list of Variables available to use for your Nutshell record, click the gear icon in the PandaDoc module > Variables. If you create a document from a Company, you may use only Company variables. If you create a document from a Lead, you may use only Lead variables. If you create a document from a Contact (People), you may use only Contact variables.
Passing information from Nutshell into PandaDoc (via fields)
You can pass data into PandaDoc fields similarly to how variables operate. Unlike with variables, however, you don’t need to include square brackets.
In the list of tokens, copy the token without square brackets into the Merge field.
Once the document has been sent, the recipient will see the pre-filled data and be able to update this field, provided the field has been assigned to them.
Push products data on to PandaDoc documents from a Nutshell deal
Open your template in PandaDoc, and a pricing table or find an existing one, then click on the pricing table properties. On the right, click Set up data merge. This will pull in the Nutshell product information when you create a document in Nutshell using this template.
Sending and Tracking your documents in Nutshell
- Open a lead, company or people in Nutshell, on the PandaDoc module, click Create new document
- Choose your template and assign recipients to roles, then click Continue
- Check the document and send it out
- Go back to the record in Nutshell and track the document status there.