Use this feature, if you would like to restrict your team members from being able to edit a content builder block.
only an Admin or Manager of the account can unlock a block. Click here to learn more about user roles.
How to lock a Content block
- Open a document/template, or content library item, click on a block you wish to lock, go to Properties, click Restrict editing;
- First toggle will restrict the ability to edit the block's content;
- Second toggle, Lock block position will prevent it from deleting or moving by other users.
How to unlock a Content block
A Manager or Admin clicks on a block > go to Properties > Restrict editing > Toggle it to off position.
How to lock columns in pricing tables
Note:Only users with Admin or Manager roles can lock/unlock columns in pricing tables. Learn more about account roles.
Follow these steps to lock columns in your pricing table:
- Open your template, document, content library item, or form that contains a pricing table.
- Click on the pricing table. On the floating panel, click the Properties button, then click Restrict editing in the right panel.
- Under Columns, switch the toggle for any pricing table column or footer.
Once you switch the toggle to any column or footer, it will become grayed out and uneditable until you (or another team member with an Admin or Manager role) unlocks it. You and your team members will be unable to perform the following actions:
- Add any new or hidden columns (to add a new column to a pricing table with a locked column, you’ll need to unlock it first)
- Hide columns (locked or otherwise)
- Add new rows below the table or from cell options
- Change the pricing table’s currency if the Price column is locked
- Add or remove optional item / editable QTY
- Add or remove a section, and enable or disable a section’s multiple choice option
If certain columns are locked, team members will still be able to:
- Insert new products from the catalog
- Resize and move a locked column and its surrounding columns
- Delete rows