Availability: All plans
Note:Some payment gateways charge transaction fees. See fee details for Stripe here.
With our Stripe integration, you can request a payment right from the document using the payment app, or collect credit card details and charge later using the Card Details field.
There are a couple of things you need to know:
- When the payment has been accepted in Stripe, it will have the name of the PandaDoc Document for the description title for the payment
- Your customer will see a $1 charge when their payment failed. See more details from Stripe Support about this here
Connect your Stripe account to PandaDoc
Go to Settings > API & Integrations, click “Stripe” > Connect and sign into your Stripe account
Add a payment to your document or template
- Click Apps on the right panel
- Click on “Payment” to add it
- Set it up: assign the payer and set a payment amount
Send the document and collect payment
- Once you are ready, send out your document.
- Your recipient will open the document and complete it. The document status will become Waiting for payment.
- To proceed to payment, they click the payment icon in the top right and click “Pay”
- They will be required to fill out their Credit Card Number, Expiration date and CVV code, then they can make the payment;
- Once the payment has been cleared, the document status will become Paid. You and your recipients will receive a confirmation email to notify you the payment has gone through
- If you're sending a PandaDoc document to an existing customer with the same email
address, we won't overwrite their payment method but instead create a new customer in Stripe
Accepting payments through ACH
- ACH payments take up to 5 business days to receive acknowledgment of their success or failure. Because of this, ACH payments take up to 7 business days to be reflected in your available Stripe balance.
- You can only accept funds in USD and only from U.S. bank accounts. In addition, your account must have a U.S./USD bank account to accept ACH payments.
Before sending the document, make sure you have added Bank transfer (aka ACH) as a payment method.
ACH payment flow (recipient guide)
You, the recipient and payer, open the document, finalize it and click "Pay."
To be able to proceed with the payment, all parties must sign and finalize the document first.
Then you choose Bank transfer as a payment method:
Next, you fill out your bank account details and click "next":
After adding your bank account, it needs to be verified. The verification is done via two small deposits into the bank account that Stripe will automatically send. These deposits will take 1-2 business days to appear on your online statement.
After you have received them, open the document again, click "next" as shown on the previous screenshot and enter the microdeposits. Click "Verify and pay" and that's it!
Collect payment information with Card Details field
- Add the “Card Details” field on the document;
- Assign it to the recipient whose information you’re collecting;
- Send the document;
- Recipient opens the document and submits their payment info;
To access their payment information:
Open your Stripe account and click on “Customers” on the right. In the Description column, find the document name and click on it. Scroll down to the Cards tab and unfold it to view the payment info. From there, you can create a subscription or a one-time charge.
Set up recurring charges through Stripe.com
Stripe allows you to make additional charges or set up a subscription for any customer that you have (in your Stripe account) with associated billing details (CC info) View more details on Stripe.com.
- After any charge made via PandaDoc documents, new customers are located in your Stripe account with associated billing info.
- Then, in Stripe, go to Customers > click on the customer you want to set up recurring billing for (find them by the PandaDoc document name they paid through), scroll down to Subscriptions and create one for this client.