This article acts as a guide to Free eSign.
- Free eSign plan overview
- Changing your plan to Free eSign
- Creating and sending documents
- “1 of 5 free documents sent this calendar month” message
- I can’t send a document with more than 2 recipients
- “Doing our part to reduce spam” message
- “Upgrade to send, download, or print this document” message
- I can’t invite a user with Manager or Member role
- I can’t download my document as .docx file
Free eSign plan overview
Here’s an overview of what’s included with Free eSign:
- 5 uploaded documents per calendar month (no templates or editable documents)
- 2 recipients per document
- Payment integrations (no CRM integrations)
You can find a comprehensive list of features here.
Changing your plan to Free eSign
To change your plan to Free eSign, follow these steps:
- Select Help in the top-right corner, then select Live chat
- Next, select Account Billing in the chat window
- Select Switch to Free eSign plan
- Finally, confirm that you would like to switch
You’re all set! You’ll see a confirmation message that your plan has been changed to Free eSign.
Warning:Templates and content library items will be inaccessible after downgrading to Free eSign. Make sure to download these items before changing your plan.
Creating and sending documents
Follow these steps to create and send a document:
- Select Add document in the top right corner of your Home or Documents list, then upload your file
- Add the recipient's contact information, then select Continue
- Drag and drop fields to capture information and assign it to the correct recipient
- Select Send Document at the top of the page
Note:Supported file formats for uploading are .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, and .docx.
If you upload a .docx file, make sure to select Skip when prompted about creating an editable PandaDoc document.
“1 of 5 free documents sent this calendar month” message
Note:If you’ve downgraded to Free eSign after already sending 5 documents as part of another plan, you’ll need to wait until the following month to create and send further documents.
I can’t send a document with more than 2 recipients
- Select Start subscription now within the document or on Home
- Next, select Change plan
- Enter your credit card information
- Finally, select Pay now
“Doing our part to reduce spam” message
Upgrade to send, download, or print this document” message
I can’t invite a user with Manager or Member role
I can’t download my document as .docx
Free eSign plan allows you to download your document as a PDF only. To download your document as .docx, consider upgrading to a full plan by following the steps indicated earlier in this guide.