Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
This integration will allow you to create, send, and track documents from Opportunity, Account, Contact, Quotes, and custom entities from Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Learn how to install the integration here.
Watch a short video overview:
- Setup PandaDoc Templates use with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Passing information from Microsoft Dynamics into PandaDoc (via fields)
- Send product information from an Opportunity or a Quote to PandaDoc pricing table
- Send product information from an Opportunity or a Quote to PandaDoc quote builder
- Sending and Tracking your documents
Set up PandaDoc Templates to use with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Use PandaDoc Roles to import Contact information
With template roles, you can import contact information (first name, last name, email address, company, phone, job title, street address, city, postal code, country, state/region) from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Opportunity object
In case you pre-assign a recipient on the template level, they will be automatically assigned to the role when the document is created.
- Open your template, then click on +Add roles at the top and add a role
- Click Variables in the right panel, next find the default role variables by the role name at the beginning, e.g. Client.FirstName
- Copy a variable and paste it where you need it in the template.
Set up your variables to pre-populate your documents with opportunity data
Variables will save your time with auto-filling information from an entity into a document.
- Date variables formatting depends on the default date format set up in your workspace settings.
- Currency variable formatting is based on the recipient view locale. Custom money variables will pass to the document without a currency symbol and formatting.
Here's how to view data that you can send from Microsoft Dynamics CRM entity to PandaDoc documents. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select Advanced Settings. Under Settings, go to Extensions, then click on PandaDoc Settings.
Here you can pre-set the data to pass from Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Please note, the data must be set up for each entity separately (in case you are going to create documents from more than one entity) and the data will not cross-populate.
- Under Configure tokens, you will see the entities in which you installed PandaDoc iFrame, for example, Opportunity, Account, Quote, or Contact
- Click +Add entity to set up data flow for your custom entity
- Each entity has its own list of fields that can be sent to PandaDoc. Select an entity you would like to configure, e.g. Opportunity
- On the left, check the box next to each field you want to pass, it will be added to the variables/tokens list on the right. Then click on the green button Save mapping.
Now, add variables/tokens to your template.
- Go to a Microsoft Dynamics entity, find the PandaDoc panel, click the gear icon, then Variables, and copy a variable name with the square brackets
- Open your PandaDoc template and add the variable on the template.
Passing information from Microsoft Dynamics into PandaDoc (via fields)
You can pass data into PandaDoc fields similarly to how variables operate. Unlike with variables, however, you don’t need to include square brackets.
In the list of tokens, copy the token without square brackets into Merge field.
Once the document has been sent, the recipient will see the pre-filled data and be able to update this field, provided the field has been assigned to them.
Send product information from an Opportunity or a Quote to a pricing table
To do this, add a pricing table to your template by clicking on the block at the right panel. The Data merge will be automatically enabled.
If you have a pricing table in your template and it doesn’t have blue placeholders for column mapping, you can access the data merge either in pricing table properties on the right or below the pricing table by selecting +Product > Set up data merge from CRM/API. Finally, click Enable.
When you create a document from Microsoft Dynamics CRM (Opportunity or Quote) using this template, product information will be sent to the document (Item name, Description, Price, Discount, Tax, Currency, SKU, Quantity, and custom fields.)
To display custom product fields, click the plus sign on the right side of the pricing table and select your custom product fields under Add Hidden.
Send product information from Microsoft Dynamics to quote builder
You can send product information from a quote or an opportunity in Microsoft Dynamics. To do this, add the quote builder block to your template first, then create a document from a quote or an opportunity in Microsoft Dynamics.
Once you create a document using this template, the product information (item name, description, price, discount, tax, currency, SKU, quantity, and custom fields) will be sent to the quote block.
To unhide custom fields in the created document click on the quote builder block > select Edit quote on the floating panel, select Add column at the top right of a section > and select your custom column from the dropdown under “Show hidden”.
Note:If you have several sections in your quote builder block products will be pulled to the last section. If you have several quote builder blocks in your template, products from your quote/opportunity will be pulled to each block.
Sending and Tracking your documents
Warning:PandaDoc pulls Document recipients only from Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity fields: Account, User, Contact. Opportunity Stakeholders are not supported.
- Open your entity, go to the PandaDoc module, then click Create new document
- Choose a template or select the templates you’d like to bundle, then select Add items and assign recipients to roles, if applicable
- Go back to the record > PandaDoc module and review your document status there.