Availability: Enterprise plan
Our content sharing feature allows you to easily share Templates and Content Library items across your workspaces. You can share individual files and/or entire folders of Templates and Content Library items.
Note:All shared content is only available as read-only. While shared content can be used to create and send new documents, it cannot be edited.
Share individual content across workspaces
Note:Only a workspace admin can share content among workspaces.
To share a Template or Content Library item, start by going to your Templates/Content Library list.
- Hover on the far right over the content you’d like to share, click on the vertical ellipses, then choose Share to workspace from the dropdown menu.
- Next, under the Available workspaces heading, you’ll see which workspaces are available for sharing. Select the workspace(s) where you’d like to share the content. Once finished, click Save.
If you’re using an approval/workflow process for your Templates, your shared Templates will keep these approval settings, and any documents created from these Templates will inherit these settings. As a result, any approving team member must be a member of the shared Template's workspace to access and approve a document. In case this designated person isn’t a member, they’ll see the following message when they try to open the document from the email notification:
Review shared content
To check which workspace an item is shared in, hover over the item on the far right, click the vertical ellipses, then click on Share to workspace in the dropdown menu. If you see checked workspaces, it means the item is already shared there. To stop sharing your content with a workspace, simply uncheck it under Available workspaces.
Sharing folders of content
You can also share entire folders of content.
- Hover on the far right over the folder you’d like to share, click on the vertical ellipses, then choose Share to workspace in the dropdown menu.
- Next, under Available workspaces, you can find out which workspaces are available for sharing and select the workspace(s) you’d like to share content with. Click Save once you've finished.
You’ll see a share icon next to folders and items that are shared with other workspaces.
Accessing shared content
In the Template and Content Library sections, you’ll see a folder called Shared with me. This folder contains items shared with this workspace.
Using shared Templates and Content Library items
Start by accessing the Shared with me folder (see above). Then, create a document that uses this shared Template in one of the following three ways:
- Hover over the item in the Template list, then click Create document.
- Click on the Template, then click Create document at the top of the page.
- Click New Document > Shared Templates > Create a new document using a shared Template.
Note:Shared Templates cannot be edited or modified. To edit a shared Template, make changes in the original workspace it was shared from. The shared template will be updated automatically.
Shared Content Library
You can use shared Content Library items and add them to documents and Templates in the same way as regular Content Library items.