Over the past few weeks, PandaDoc has released several new features that we have been anxiously waiting to share with you! PandaDoc recently launched the new Advanced Quotes feature, which includes the Quote Builder Block, an Advanced Product Catalog, Product Bundling, and Recurring Payments (via Stripe).
Today, we will be reviewing the following new features at a high level:
- Advanced Quotes
- Add and Set Quote Builder
- Product Bundles
- Recurring Payments
- Product Catalog
- Volume Discount Pricing
The 7-minute video overview in the Advanced Quotes article is a great resource to familiarize yourself with all the new features. It’s an excellent overview and provides guidance every step of the way on how to use Advanced Quotes.
PandaDoc also has two on-demand courses and a live class available to help you become an expert at using Advanced Quotes:
- Advanced Quotes for Sales Leaders(30 minutes in length)
- Advanced Quotes for Sales Representatives(20 minutes in length)
- Building Quotes (live instructor-led course)
Product Bundles & Recurring Payments
As mentioned in the Advanced Quotes article video, you will want to start with the Product Catalog. Product Bundles and Recurring Pricing are two new features available in the Catalog with PandaDocs' launch of Advanced Quotes.
With these new updates, you no longer need to add products one-by-one to a pricing table. You can now add products in bulk and once your products are in the Product Catalog, you can create Product Bundles. Product Bundles allow you to group products together so you can sell them as unique bundles.
When you are in the Catalog, just click on one of the products and toggle on the ‘Product bundle’ option, and select the products you want in the bundle:
When you are adding products to a quote, you can view which products are bundles:
Set up Recurring Payments in the same area that you set up the Product Bundle. You can set the pricing method as fixed (price per unit) or volume (price depends on quantity) and set the payment frequency to one-time or recurring (weekly, monthly, annually).
Setting Up an Advanced Quote
Add the Quote Builder Block to your template by using the blue quick-add line or dragging and dropping from the Content Block section. Once you add the Quote Builder Block, click on the block to set up the quote.
When setting up the quote, you can add products, sections, and columns:
You can also remove a section column or an entire section:
Similar to the pricing table, there is an option to make products optional for recipients and enable quantity editing:
With Quote Builder, you can change the quote's design. Click on the ‘Design’ tab and adjust the layout of the quote as well as the overall design:
Once complete, click ‘Save’ on the upper right-hand side of the quote to see the quote in your document.
There are a few important details to note about Advanced Quotes:
- At the end of the article on Quote Builder, there is a detailed section about user permissions as it relates to the Quote Builder (Admin, Manager, Member).
- Users with a ‘Member’ role do not have the same permissions when using the Quote Builder Block. ‘Member’ role users do not have the capability to drag and drop the block into a Template, and also can’t choose a design option or re-order any of the products. However, they can select the Quote Builder Block already placed in a Template, select the products and services to be included in the Quote, and add taxes, discounts, and fees.
- Quote Builder supports product import from the following CRMs: Salesforce, HubSpot, Pipedrive, Zoho, and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Product mapping into Quote Builder section is not available. If you have several sections in your Quote Builder Block, then products from your CRM will be populated into the last section.
Recap & What’s Next
The last two weeks have been full of new features and there’s no way to cover them all in one short article. Take some time to review the Help Center articles and consider joining the live course about Advanced Quotes – you won’t regret it.
We want the process of using Advanced Quotes to be as seamless as possible for you and your team. As you are working on a Quote, you will see a ‘Share Feedback’ button towards the bottom right-hand side of the page. We’d love to hear your feedback about Advanced Quotes so we can continue to improve!
We’d love to hear from you about these new features. Share with us what you are most excited about, and how your team is going to use Advanced Quotes for success!
Join in on the conversation in the comments.
Please sign in to leave a comment.