Use Salesforce lookup fields to expand the available tokens you have in your object.
A lookup field allows you to associate two records in a relationship. For example, a user can associate a quote record to another record by using a lookup field that points to another object, including custom objects.
How to create a lookup field:
First, go to the parent object that you want to relate another object to. In this example, the parent would be the Opportunity object and we want to look to the Quote object in order to pull in Quote variables in the Opportunity.
Go to Setup then click on the Object Manager tab and select your object:
Next, click on Fields and Relationships then click New near the upper right and choose Lookup Relationship then click Next:
- Choose the object you want to lookup to and click Next.
- Choose a label or name for the field and click Next.
- Choose the field security options you want or click Next to leave as default.
- Choose the page layouts you want the field on and click Next.
- Finally, click Save. You’ll now see your lookup field in the list of fields for the object:
If you’d like you can go to Page Layouts and choose where to display the field on your object.
Next, we’re going to go into our Opportunity object and select the Quote to add to the field. You may need to refresh the page to see the field on your object:
Finally, add the Quote look-up field variables to your object to use them in your templates.
- Go to PandaDoc setup > Configure Tokens > Opportunity and find the lookup field.
- Select your variable and save then find them available with their associated value in PandaDoc iFrame in the Opportunity Object.
Please sign in to leave a comment.