How to correct your recipient’s name or email on a sent document
After sending a document you may notice that your recipient’s name or email address is wrong. You might be okay with the fact that the recipient's first or last name contains an extra letter. But if their email is incorrect, you’ll want to edit it - otherwise, they won’t even receive notifications or the document.
Here is how to do that.
Edit the contact in question
First, you need to edit the contact for it to reflect the correct name and email.
- Go to the Contacts tab located on the left-hand panel.
- Find the contact in question and click on it.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the contact.
- Enter the correct data and click Save contact.
Edit the document
As the document is already sent, you need to edit it first so that it changes its status to Draft.
Note: all fields will be cleared so if your recipients have already filled something in, they will need to do that again after you resend the document.
- Go to the Documents tab and open the document in question.
- Click Actions > Edit document > Clear fields & edit.
- At the top right corner, click Manage. Click on the recipient and choose Delete recipient.
- Add the recipient again - they will appear with their name and email corrected.
- Assign the fields to this person and send the document.
Do you have suggestions on how to improve this process? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Please sign in to leave a comment.