Things don’t always go smoothly, connections break, apps get updated. We’ve seen some common things popup when working with Zapier, so here are 7 troubleshooting items to look at if your Zap isn’t working properly.
1) Zapier can’t find the sample doc:
Make sure your sample doc has recently gone through the trigger events you selected. If Zapier can’t find one, try making a new one.
2) Data won’t populate into PandaDoc pricing table:
Due to a Zapier limitation, PandaDoc actions support only one pricing table when passing data from your Trigger app to your PandaDoc Action.
We can pass data only to Pricing Table 1 -the first pricing table added in your template/document. If it doesn’t exist (or was deleted), the system won’t insert line items into the next pricing table.
Solution: To avoid losing your hard work, save your pricing tables in the content library. Then, delete all pricing tables in your template and re-add them. This will reset the count. Then, test it again in Zapier.
3) Connecting multiple workspaces to Zapier:
Reason: If you have several workspaces, your template/document might exist in a workspace that you did not connect to Zapier.
Solution: Connect your correct workspace to Zapier. Here’s how: Log in to PandaDoc, and switch workspaces to the one you’d like to connect. Then, go to Zapier and connect the account to create a new user.
4) Can’t see variables/fields/pricing tables in the trigger:
It’s possible you did not select a template for your trigger. Please select a template to get your template specific data.
5) Can’t find all the fields in the data:
Fields get created in PandaDoc with generic names like “textfield” or “date”. So all text fields or date fields will have the same name unless they are changed. After Zapier is enabled, go to PandaDoc and rename the fields on your template so you can recognize and map them correctly.
6) Role isn’t showing up:
If you’d like to select your signer, then you should look for the signature field “Assigned__to” email. NOT “recipients”.
7) Same triggers are not available for my zap:
You may be using an outdated version of our Zap. Look for the app simply called “PandaDoc”, and don’t use any that have a version number behind it.
Additional Zapier Assistance
- Help Center
- Zapier Training
- Zapier: Upload PDF to Google Drive when PandaDoc Documents are Completed
- Zapier: Update Salesforce fields with the data from PandaDoc Document
- Zapier: Update Hubspot Deal fields with data from a PandaDoc Document
- Zapier: Changing the Status of a Hubspot Deal
Please sign in to leave a comment.