Our support team gets a lot of questions, in this post we will go over the Top 10 Basic questions asked by our PandaDoc users and the answers!
1) How to send my document?
Once you have created your document and added recipients, you can go ahead and send it.
You have two options:
- Send via email (your recipient will get an email from PandaDoc which will include access to the document. You can add a personalized message to this email)
- Share the document link (use this when you need to be more flexible in how you send your document - you can send the link via text or any messaging app)
Read more about Sending a PandaDoc document here.
2) How can I sign this PandaDoc Document?
We have a Forum post just for this very question (hint: it’s super simple), check it out here.
3) Why are my fields shifting?
Field shifting can be an issue that is not always one reason, but here are a few reasons why your fields shift either when viewed in a send document or in PDF
- Browser zoom: if you are zoomed in or out while logged into PandaDoc then the result could be field shifting for the document recipient. The same goes for if the recipient has their browser settings zoomed in or out. We recommend alway creating templates and documents with your browser set at 100%.
- Make sure your browser is up to date. An out of date browser can cause all sorts of havoc not just with PandaDoc.
4) Why is my document still Viewed when I can see the recipient has signed?
Most of the time when this happens it means that while the recipient may have signed the document they did not click ‘finish’ at the top of the screen. You can tell if this is the case by clicking on the Document Analytics and noting if there is Red or Green text. Green means done.
5) How can I change the date format on fields?
You can do this two ways:
- The first is at the account level - only Admins of the account can set this up. Click on Settings > Settings and then scroll down and you will see ‘Default date field format’. This will change the default for all new templates created.
- The second way you can change the date formatting in fields is within the template or document itself. Click on the placed Date Field and click on the Properties icon in the floating menu, on the right of the screen you will see ‘Date Format’.
6) Why are my variables not filling automatically?
There are two common reasons for Variables not automatically populating when a document is created:
- The variable is misspelled. Variables are case sensitive, so [Sender.name] will not work, but [Sender.Name] will.
- There is no data to populate the variable. Variables work by pulling data from a source, that source could be your CRM or within PandaDoc’s contacts area.
CRM: Open the Token/Variables list within the CRM you use, there you should see the variable name and to the right the data that will be pushed to PandaDoc. If there is no data on the right, then no data will be pushed.
PandaDoc Contacts, open the contact of the person that is not populating, click Edit. Here you will see fields for Address, Title, Company, etc. For example, if there is no Data for ‘Title’ then the [Client.Title] will not populate.
7) Why didn’t my client get the document?
There are a few reasons why this may be the case:
- Was the email address correct?
- Are you using Signing order?
- Or maybe it is due to the recipients email providers and security settings/firewall.
We have a great Help Center article that goes over all of these, you can read all about these scenarios here.
8) How can I share a direct link to the document and not email my client?
In the document, click ‘Send’ on the top right, there you will see an option to Send a Direct link.
If the document has already been sent, then you can open the sent document and click on ‘Actions’, there you will see an option to send via Direct Link.
9) How do I rearrange the pages on my template?
PandaDoc has just released this functionality! It's rather simple, in a document or template, on the top left click the Pages icon next to the undo-arrow. A slide-out will appear and you can then reorder the numbered pages. More info can be found here.
10) How do I resend or unsend a Document?
If those aren’t helpful, or if you need to simply unsend a document you can click on ‘Actions’ on the top right of a sent document and then click ‘Edit’. This will put the document back into a Draft Status, from here you can edit the document if needed or click send and resend the document to the recipient.
Let us know if you have any questions that you were able to discover the answer on your own!
Please sign in to leave a comment.