We’ve all been in this situation, we have some awesome images in our PandaDoc templates or documents but we don’t have the source files anymore and we have no idea where to or how to find them.
Have no fear, we have a nifty little way to download images that only exist in a PandaDoc Template.
In this post I’ll show you two ways to download images from a PandaDoc template
Downloading an image from an Image Block:
1. Open the template you know the image is located.
2. Find the image and click it to activate the block.
3. Right-click on the image and select ‘Inspect element’
4. Once the Elements open on the right you will see some code with a URL for an image. Right click and select ‘open in a new tab’
The file should automatically download for you. However, this file is not an image file, see the Downloaded File section below for further instructions.
Downloading a background image from a Content or Cover page
1. Click on the three dots between the pages and select ‘page properties’
2. Where it says ‘Background Image’, Right click on the image thumbnail and select ‘Inspect’
3. Double click the background-image URL to ‘activate it’
and then right click and select ‘copy’.
4. Open a new tab and paste the URL (do not hit Enter). Once pasted remove background-image: url(" at the beginning of the text and "); at the end of the URL. Click Enter this should automatically download a file.
The Downloaded File
Once the file is downloaded, you will need to add a file extension to the end of the file name.
- Right click the file and then select rename and then add .webp to the end of the file name.
- Click ‘Enter’ and depending on your system it will ask if you want to ‘Save’ or ‘Add’.
Convert the File
To convert the newly made .webp file you will need to navigate to cloudconvert.com
- Once the page loads click ‘Select File’
- Choose the new .webp file
You will then see ‘Convert to’ on the screen and it should already have .PNG selected, this is the format you want. And then click ‘Convert’.
When the conversion is complete just click ‘Download’
You will now have a good quality PNG of your image. At this time you can delete the .webp file from your computer.
Tip for not losing images uploaded to a PandaDoc Template or Document.
When you upload your images, be sure to have ‘Automatically add images to image library’ selected. This will save the image you are using not only to the template or document but also to the Image library where you can use it over and over again. More information on the Image Library can be found here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.