By: Vera Kozlova
Important: Before you begin please follow the points below
- You must set up this zap for an individual template. Before setting up the zap, we recommend creating a test document from Salesforce. Make sure its status matches the Trigger event staus.
- If you are using multiple workspaces you will need to duplicate this zap after it's completed and connected each workspace separately. Each workspace is like a "mini account" with and has it's own separate settings.
Step 1: PandaDoc Trigger Event.
1. Choose trigger application (PandaDoc) and event (i.e. Document is Completed).
2. Connect Zapier with your PandaDoc account.
3. If you do not select a template in Zapier, you will only get general data points every document will have for the next zap steps. If you select a specific template, you will get template specific field & token values => you’ll have more options for pulling specific data from the PandaDoc document into Salesforce record to update it.
4. To continue you will need a recently completed document (from the selected template) that was created from with Salesforce. This is so you can get the Opportunity and Account information in your zap. If you don't see any recent documents, go ahead and select "Load More".
Type "Salesforce" in the metadata search bar. You should see salesforce.opportuntiy and salesforce.account. If they do not populate, the Document selected was not created in Salesforce. Try selecting another document if you have multiple or go back into Salesforce and create a new document from scratch.
The documents in this test list need to match the Trigger status. I.e.Document Completed requires a "completed" test document. Document Sent requires a "sent" test document.
Step 2: Update Record in Salesforce.
1. Choose Action app (Salesforce) and event (i.e. Update Record).
2. Link Zapier to your Salesforce account.
3. Specify Salesforce Object you want to update (in this case - Opportunity):
Select the correct salesforce opportunity record to update. If you want to update any records linked to the PandaDoc documents - use custom value Metadata Salesfroce.opporuntity ID. After the document is triggered, the system will search for all related records in Salesforce.
All fields in this step are existing fields pulled from the Salesforce Opportunity. You can map them with PandaDoc fields. For convenience, you can rename the fields in the template (change “Placeholder” in the field properties) to quickly recognize and map correctly in the Zap. Otherwise, all text fields or date fields will have the same name (like “textfield” or “date”) unless they are changed.
Make sure that you select “Field [Placeholder] Value” to populate the customer data, instead of field placeholder data.
- To update the opportunity stage based on PandaDoc document status, select the Salesforce “Stage” value that will be triggered once the document status is changed.
- It’s not possible to update Product fields (i.e quantity), but you can update the Opportunity Amount in case it’s changed (i.e. you have “editable quantity” enabled in the pricing table and customer increases the number of products). In this case, you need to map Salesforce field to “Grand Total Amount” value from PandaDoc pricing table.
How does your team use Zapier to update Salesforce fields to streamline your workflow?
Please sign in to leave a comment.