Below, we will address the most common questions and provide you with the answers.
1) What’s the difference between a Document and a Template?
A template is a master copy of your document that can be reused multiple times. We recommend using templates in case you are planning to send the same document to the majority of your customer base. A document, on the other hand, is unique and used for specific recipients and information.
2) Can I mass-assign roles/recipients to the fields?
To mass-select and assign multiple fields in your template, document, content library item, or form, follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, press Command (Mac) or Shift (Windows)
- Select several fields, which will be framed in blue
On the floating panel, click on the role name/recipient’s name, and select a new role/recipient from the dropdown menu to mass assign the fields
3) How to undo my last action in a document or template?
You can use Cmd + Z (Mac) or Ctrl + Z (Windows) to undo your last action. Alternatively, click on Undo button located at the top left.
4) Can I disable the approval workflow at the document level?
What happens when you create a document with an approval workflow but now no longer need it? There is no need to recreate the document! In a draft document, click on the Manage button and switch off the toggle for Approval required to disable the approval workflow.
5) My document expired; what can I do?
There are several ways to reverse the expiration of the document:
- Option 1: Click on Actions > Edit, the document will become a Draft and all the signatures and initial fields will be cleared. Then resend the document.
- Option 2: Copy the document by clicking on three dots. Once copied, you can send it again to be signed.
Find out more here.
6) Is it possible to check who hasn't signed my document without opening it?
Absolutely! The Document info panel allows you to check document analytics quicker and easier than opening the document itself. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Documents tab
- Hover over a document name, then click on the Info button on the right
- Under Analytics you will see who hasn’t yet signed the document. Additionally, you can send a reminder to your recipient from there
7) I need to send several documents at one time to one recipient, can I do that?
Take advantage of using our document bundling feature to send several documents in one batch. Your documents will be sent in one email for your recipient to sign them at once. Later, you will be able to download and store the documents separately.
Find a detailed guide and short video here.
8) I just moved to PandaDoc from another platform. How to bulk upload my documents?
We’ve got you covered! The Bulk import feature helps you to upload your previously completed documents. Follow these steps:
- Select the +New button in the top right on the Home or Documents tab
- Then choose Bulk import from the dropdown
- Next, select a destination folder and document status (Draft or Completed)
- After that, drag and drop your files and wait until the import is complete, click Continue
9) I need to automatically send another document, once one is completed. Can I do that?
Automations is an amazing new feature that can replace repetitive manual tasks. Our most popular Automations include:
- Send another PandaDoc document when the document status changed
- Moving sent or completed documents to a selected folder
Don’t see this feature in your account? No worries! Simply contact our Support Team and they will enable it for you.
Check out the detailed guide here.
10) How to retrieve a deleted document?
All deleted documents are stored in the Trash folder. To recover a deleted document, start by opening the Documents tab, then go to the Trash folder. Select your document and click Restore at the top right.
If you are not able to find your document, reach out to our Support Team. Provide the document name, approximate date of creation, and owner’s email to us. We will then be able to assist you with recovering your document.
Check out more answers to basic questions here.
Let us know if you have any questions that we didn’t cover and we are happy to help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.