In this post, we’ll go over a couple of our newest features and learn how they can work together when it comes to online applications for employment.
A few weeks ago, PandaDoc launched our new Forms feature; this allows you to embed a template on your website or share a via a link, all while simplifying data collection and automating your workflow.
Additionally, we have also introduced Field validation. You now can control the data a recipient is adding to a field. You can validate phone numbers, zip codes, letters, numbers only, and more with this feature.
Thanks to Forms; one big HR use case is employment applications, more specifically, online applications. Below we’ll show how you can use Forms with Field Validation to streamline and speed up your hiring process.
First, I have uploaded a standard Application PDF as a template:
Next, we add the roles needed and place the fields. While placing fields, click the ‘Properties’ icon that appears in the floating menu above selected fields. On the right, you will see a new option called ‘Validation’; here, you can select the proper validation for the field
Once all the fields are placed, and the proper validation is applied, we can now create the Form. On the left, click the top three-lined hamburger menu to show the application navigation icons and click on Forms.
Once the page loads, click ‘Create Form’ near the top right of the screen. In the pop-up window, select the Template you would like to use, and then the page will load; while the screen may look familiar, you’ll notice on the top right ‘Publish.’
If the Form is ready, and no other edits are needed to be made click ‘Publish’ and then ‘Get Code’
Here you have two options: Copy the Embed code or Copy the Weblink.
- Embed Code: This is designed to be added to your website and may require some development assistance on your end.
- Weblink: This URL can be shared with anyone from anywhere - perfect for hyperlinking.
When an applicant clicks the links, they are presented with a screen to add their email address and first and last name; they will then be redirected to the document version of the application. They can fill out and complete the application right then or access the document via the link sent to their email and finish when able.
Updates to Forms:
- Field naming for CSV export file - now each field of a form is supplemented with a new property “Field ID”. Here user can provide a value that will be used for generating the header of a CSV file with form data. Help article is on the way.
- Auto-numbering documents generated via a form - user can apply a sequence to a form, just like it currently works for templates, and all the documents generated with such form will be auto-numbered within the sequence.
- Pre-fill field names via embed.js - user can pre-fill form fields with values in corresponding parameters in the embed.js file. Please, read our Help Center Article for more detail.
- New version of Zapier integration (v 2.0.0) - now forms are supported in Zappier integration. Visit the Help Center for more info on how to use Zapier with Forms.
Please sign in to leave a comment.