No matter if you’re working in Sales, Marketing or HR, it’s always nice to see how recipients interact with the documents we send to them.
But how do we know if they are reading the information stated in the documents? By using analytics! This is one of the most interesting and important features there is.
So let’s imagine you have sent a proposal and you need it to be signed in a few days, due to the deadline or because the promo offer expires.
1 day later you receive an email notification that a recipient has viewed, but what’s next?
Silence for a day, for two days and, the deadline is closer and closer...
You don’t want to be waiting forever for the document to be signed, so in this case, you can use analytics to see if and how the recipient is interacting with the document.
Here are the steps:
- Open PandaDoc
- Go to documents folder
- Open the document, that is now in the “viewed” status (the one you need analytics for)
- Click on the “analytics” button at the top right corner of the document
- Here you will see all the recipients
- Click on the recipient you want to get the analytics for
- Analyze the behavior
What you can see:
- How many times the document has been viewed
- Total time spent on viewing it
- When it was last viewed
- Whether it was downloaded or not
How useful could that be?
- You can see what information concerns them the most and you can address the concerns (example: spending hours on a specific page)
- You can see if the recipient skips pages and if that happens often, probably you need to make the document more interactive, give it a makeover (or pass that to the marketing team)
- If you're in sales, you can improve your close rate by simply hoping on a call and solving any questions that the customer has with the information in the document (pricing issue/terms & conditions)
- You can provide a better offer (if you’re in HR) by seeing that the page with an offered salary has been viewed a number of times and the decision isn’t made yet by the potential employee
No matter what team you are in - analytics is a great feature to use and it will keep you in the loop of what is going on with the document that you sent, the document that you worked hard on.
Please sign in to leave a comment.