Conditional approvals with quote builder
Availability: Enterprise plan
Note:Quote builder block is a part of our Advanced Quotes add-on.
Our conditional approvals feature allows you to automate your document approval workflow. Approvers will receive a document only if conditions based on the quote builder block values that have been set in the template are met. If a condition is not met, the document will automatically move to approved status.
Learn more about approval workflows and conditional approvals with a pricing table here.
How to set up Conditional approvals
To set up conditions for your approval workflow, start by opening your template, then follow these steps:
- Choose the vertical ellipses menu at the top of the page, then choose Workflow in the dropdown
- Click on the Approved tile
- Add individual approvers or an approver group
- Click the +Add condition button, then add one or more conditions
- Click Save
Tip:You can set up different conditions for individual approvers separately, or you can leave certain approvers without conditions if they need to approve every document.
You can set a condition for quote builder’s:
- Any line item discount (discount applied to any line item)
- Any section total discount (discount applied to any section)
- Total discount (sum of all discounts across the quote, excluding discount calculated from products with volume-based pricing, flat value only)
- Grand total discount (discount applied to Grand total)
You can also set up a condition for Document value which includes totals of all quote builder and pricing table blocks (if any) in a document. Please note that users with a Member role can add pricing tables to the document.