PandaDoc: Business and Enterprise plans
Quickbooks Online: Advanced
Learn how to connect your PandaDoc account to QuickBooks so you can customize estimates for your clients.
The PandaDoc Custom Templates Connector lets you connect PandaDoc to QuickBooks Online Advanced, so you can customize the forms you send to customers, and track the status of your documents in QuickBooks.
Note:Only the QuickBooks company admin who sets up the app and connects to PandaDoc can send estimates for e-signature.
Get the PandaDoc app
Here’s how to get the app and set it up:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Advanced as a company admin > go to the Apps menu.
- Search for and select PandaDoc.
- On the app details page, select Get app now.
- If you already have a PandaDoc account, select Continue. If not, select Sign up to create your PandaDoc account. Then, back in QuickBooks, select Continue.
- Click on Agree and follow the instructions to enter your PandaDoc email and password > accept the requested permissions.
- Next, select the PandaDoc account you'd like to connect to using the dropdown menu, then select Continue.
- You'll see a screen confirming that the connection between QuickBooks and PandaDoc is successful.
Templates help you standardize what you send to your customers. QuickBooks sends the estimate data to PandaDoc where it's matched to the right variables. The variables that change automatically depending on the data from QuickBooks are highlighted yellow. Any yellow variable is customizable.
Note:You can only customize and use the QuickBooks provided templates with this integration.
QuickBooks offers four pre-built templates you can customize. Once you’ve customized a template to suit your business, you can use it as many times as you want.
- In QuickBooks, select and open an estimate, or create a new estimate.
- Next to Save and send select the dropdown > Save and send with PandaDoc.
- In the pop-up window choose one of four templates that you would like to customize by clicking on Edit.
- PandaDoc will be open in the new tab where you can edit the design, add/remove variables, add any fields and assign them to your recipients if you need them to sign or fill in any information.
- When finished editing, return to QuickBooks where you’ll preview and send the document.
Match QuickBooks fields to PandaDoc variables
If you added a new variable to your template, you’ll be asked to choose a QuickBooks field to match with the PandaDoc variable at the time you send the document to your customer. QuickBooks sends the form data to PandaDoc, which displays it on the customer-facing document.
You can match new fields before sending the document in QuickBooks:
- Go to Apps > select the My Apps tab.
- On the PandaDoc tile, select the Action drop-down menu, then Export Settings.
- In the QuickBooks Transaction dropdown menu, choose the transaction type.
- In the PandaDoc template dropdown menu, select the template name.
- Next, you’ll see QuickBooks field names and the PandaDoc fields they're matched with. Use the drop-down menus to select a QuickBook field to match with any PandaDoc fields.
- Click on Save and close.
Save and send estimates to clients
After editing your template, you are now ready to send the document to a client.
In QuickBooks, open the estimate you want to send with PandaDoc.
- Select Save and send with PandaDoc.
- Select a template, then select Preview and send with PandaDoc.
- PandaDoc opens in a new browser tab. Select Send document > Send via email.
Track the status of your estimate
From QuickBooks, you can quickly jump to PandaDoc to check the status of an estimate you sent out for e-signature:
In QuickBooks, open any estimate you've sent to a customer for e-signature.
Select the Manage in PandaDoc link. the estimate opens in PandaDoc in a new browser tab. From there you can see all the status details.
How to disconnect the PandaDoc app
If you're the user that connected the app, follow the steps to disconnect the app:
- From the left menu, select Apps, then My Apps.
- Select the Action dropdown menu, then Disconnect. Note: If you can't find Disconnect in the menu, select Settings, then locate the Disconnect button on the settings page.
- Complete the short questionnaire.
- Select Confirm Disconnect to remove the app from your company profile.
If you disconnect from PandaDoc, you'll lose access to templates in QuickBooks, which include templates you’ve customized. However, you can still access them in PandaDoc.
If you disconnect, then reconnect, you’ll need to delete templates in PandaDoc. Otherwise, you’ll receive an error message when trying to use a template in QuickBooks.
The pre-built templates appear again in QuickBooks, but changes you’ve previously made to templates will be lost.