Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Merge rules allow you to easily pull products from your Pipedrive deal to specific pricing table sections and/or specific pricing tables in your documents.
Enable product merging rules
Merge rules must be set up on a template level. Here’s how to enable merging rules:
- Open the template you’re using for your Pipedrive integration, or create a new one.
- Add a pricing table or find an existing one, then select the pricing table properties on the floating panel.
- On the right, select Set up data merge. Alternatively, select +Products under the pricing table, then select Set up data merge. You can also right-click on any section header and select Set up data merge from CRM/API.
- Finally, click Enable.
Product merging rules overview
A few important notes on merging rules:
- A product can be added to a pricing table only once. If the product fits more than one merge rule in your pricing table, it will follow only the first rule. However, the same product can be added to more than one pricing table in the document.
- If a pricing table doesn’t have any rules set, but data merge is turned on, all products listed in your deal will be added to this pricing table.
- If a pricing table has at least one rule set, only the products that fit this rule will be added to this pricing table.
- Several And conditions can't be used with the same If section.
Details on merge rules and naming conventions
Merge rules are based on if/then logic.
In the If section, you must specify a field name based on the product that will be added to the pricing table or pricing table section.
The field name can be one of the default deal product field names — Name, Description/Product Comments, Price, Quantity, sku, Tax, Discount, RateTax — and it’s crucial that you spell the name exactly as it’s spelled here.
You can also use the following custom fields to sort your products into different sections and/or pricing tables: Text, Long Text, Autocomplete, Numeric, Multiple Options, Single Option, Phone, Date fields.
Next, you can specify how PandaDoc should parse the field value and the field value itself.
- If you choose Price or Discount as a field name in the If section, only “Contains” and “Doesn’t contain” can be selected as its value. With “Equals”/”Doesn’t equal” values, products won’t be passed to the pricing table.
- Tax can’t be used in the If section. You can use RateTax field instead of Tax.
- You can’t sort your products to pricing table sections or pricing tables by Custom monetary field. Custom Monetary Field is divided into Monetary.Value and Monetary.Currency fields, so you can sort products by these types of fields. Also, you can’t sort products by the following custom product fields: Person, Organization, User, Time, TimeRange, DateRange, Address Fields.
- Products can’t be sorted by field names that contain more than one word or special symbols.
- You can’t sort products in the pricing table sections or pricing tables by Quantity.
In the Then section, specify whether or not the product should go to a specific section. You can also simply leave it as “Pricing table, no section” if you want to filter only the products so they’re added to this specific pricing table.
Merge products into specific sections
In your pricing table, add sections you’ll need to merge products into. To add a section, click +Section under the pricing table; if necessary, you can rename your section. In this example, we’ll add a Subscription section and a Services section.
Next, access the merging rules by clicking on the blue Data Merge header. Alternately, select +Products > Set up data merge from CRM/API, or select pricing table properties on the floating panel > Set up data merge on the right-hand side.
Next, select Merge rules, then click Add rule. Specify the conditions for which the products will be filtered, then select the section of the pricing table where you’d like them placed. In this example, we’ve filtered based on the Name field — the Name field must contain “Plan.” Lastly, save the rule.
We’ve done the same for the other section (Services), setting it to filter products based on the Name field. The value should contain “Service.”
When you create a document from Pipedrive using this template, products will be filtered into their respective pricing table sections, based on the merge rules.
Merge products into specific pricing tables
On your template, add a pricing table and access the merge rules by clicking Products > Set up data merge from CRM/API, or by selecting Pricing Table Properties > Set up data merge on the right.
Select Merge rules > Add rule. Specify the conditions for which the products will be filtered. In the Then section, select “Pricing table, no section,” then save the rule. If the pricing table is empty, products will be added to the top of the pricing table; if you have certain products pre-set in the template, new products will be added after the existing ones.
Finally, close the pop-up.
Repeat these steps for each pricing table in the template if you have more than one and want to set rules for each of them. When you create a document from a Pipedrive deal using this template, products will be filtered into their respective pricing tables based on the merge rules.