Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Column mapping allows you to easily pull deal product fields into specific pricing table columns in PandaDoc.
Enable column mapping
Start by opening a template you use to create documents from Pipedrive. Then, find a pricing table you’d like to set column mapping for, or add a new one. Next, access the data merge either in pricing table properties on the right, or below the pricing table by selecting +Product > Set up data merge from CRM/API. Finally, click Enable.
Set up column mapping
In the data merge pop-up, first select Column mapping, then type field names from Pipedrive (on the left) to be matched with pricing table column names (on the right).
The Pipedrive field name can be any of the following default product field names in Deals — Name, Description/Product Comments, Price, Quantity, sku, Discount, RateTax — and it’s crucial that you spell the name exactly as it’s spelled here.
You can also use the following custom fields map with PandaDoc pricing table columns: Text, Long Text, Autocomplete, Numeric, Multiple Options, Single Option, Phone, Date fields.
If you’d like to map more pricing table columns, close the data merge set-up, then add columns by selecting the plus sign on the right.
Next, click the data merge header to access Column mapping. You’ll see the newly added columns on the right. Now enter the field name from Pipedrive on the left.
After column mapping has been set up, you’ll see the Pipedrive product field names under the corresponding columns highlighted in blue.
That's it! Whenever you create a document from Pipedrive using this template, the product fields will populate to the corresponding columns.
A few notes on product mapping
- Text values from Pipedrive can’t be passed to the columns that allow only numbers (Price, QTY, Discount, Tax, Fee, Additional multiplier).
- Values with symbols (currency, percentage, etc.) will be pulled together with the value of the field only if mapped to the matching column (Price - Price).
- Tax can’t be pulled to the pricing table with Column mapping. You can use RateTax instead of Tax.
- Amount can’t be pulled to the PandaDoc pricing table.
- No field values can be passed to Cost or Subtotal columns in the pricing table. The Subtotal column in the pricing table is calculated automatically.
- Numeric custom product fields with a negative value can’t pass to the pricing table.
- You can pass the Price field value only to Price, QTY, Fee, and Additional multiplier columns in Pandadoc.
- Quantity of your items in Pipedrive can be pulled only to QTY or Additional multiplier columns in the pricing table.
- Description/Product Comments field value can’t be mapped to the Name column in the pricing table.
- Sku can’t be pulled to Tax or Discount columns in the pricing table.
- Discount can be passed to the Price or Quantity pricing table columns only.