Availability: Business* and Enterprise* plans
* 250 docs per year per account are included. You can purchase additional forms at $2 per document.
If you need to look at all responses to a form at the same time, or keep a record of form responses, you can easily download a CSV file of all form responses and have all this data in one place.
What is included in the CSV?
- Signer contact information, as entered by the signer (email, first name, and last name, at minimum)
- Field values the signer entered in the form
- Document status
- Revision date (the date of the last form update)
- Document link
Note:Note that the order of fields in your form is not strict and may differ from the order of columns in the downloaded CSV file. The order of columns in the CSV is based on the order of roles in your form.
A few notes about data in the CSV file
Keep the following in mind if you've published your form, collected responses, edited and republished your form, collected more responses, and downloaded the CSV:
- If a field has been deleted during editing, there will be an empty value for all new responses in that column.
- If a new field has been added during editing, a new column will be added for it. All responses that were submitted before the form was edited will be empty in that column since this field did not exist previously.
- Field values that cannot be transferred to text format (Signature, Initials, Card details, Checkbox) are simply marked as Yes/No.
Add a title to Field ID
To easily find and work with the data your recipients include, you can add a title to the Field ID for any text, checkbox, or dropdown field.
The value added to the Field ID can be found in the column header of the downloaded CSV file with form responses. In the column header, the value is added after the role and field type in this format: Role_Name.Field_Type.Field_ID_value.
To add a value to a Field ID, select a field in your template or form, then select Properties on the field’s floating panel. Finally, enter a title under Field ID on the right.
Note:You can add Field ID values in the form or template you’ll use to create your form.
Download a CSV of your form responses
Open your form, click the vertical ellipses in the top right corner, and select Download CSV. Although the download should start right away, it will take more time to complete if you have a large number of form responses.
If you don’t see the option to download a CSV file, it means this form hasn’t received any responses yet — no documents have been created from it.
If you experience any issues with downloading a CSV of your form responses, please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.