PandaDoc makes the process of collecting signatures and other information from your customers easy! Here’s how you can quickly assign fields to recipients before you send a document — so your clients know exactly what they need to fill out.
Simply start typing a recipient's name or email address in the dropdown on the right, then drag and drop any fields you need in your content block. If you don't have the recipient's record in your PandaDoc contacts, click Add recipient in the dropdown, then enter their contact information.
Note:If you’ve added fields without selecting a recipient, you’ll need to assign these fields to the recipient one by one.
To send out your documents even faster, create them from templates. This way, you can assign fields to roles the same way each time.
Fields assigned to a specific role (future recipient) in your templates will have their own color to help you easily recognize and change the recipient of a field, whenever necessary.
Assigning multiple fields to a recipient
You can assign all fields at once on the document level before you send the document.
- If you have only one recipient, all the fields in your document will be assigned to them as soon as you click Send > Send via email/Share via link
- If you have placed your fields and added several recipients after that, you can click Send and assign fields one by one to specific recipients using arrows at the top panel. You can also select Assign all at the top panel and assign all fields to one of the recipients
- You can also select multiple fields and assign them to a recipient. Learn more here.
To re-assign a field, click on it and change the recipient name in the floating panel.
If you’ve accidentally entered an incorrect contact and assigned multiple fields to them, this is easy to fix. Click on the Manage button in the upper-right corner, add the correct recipient, and delete the incorrect one by clicking on the Delete recipient button. A pop-up will appear that will allow you to re-assign the fields to a new person.
If the field was incorrectly assigned and the document was already sent, follow these steps:
- Open your document
- Click on Actions > Edit (the document will move to Draft status, and all the signature and initial fields will be cleared)
- Reassign the field to another recipient (click on the field > click on the current recipient on the floating panel > select another recipient from the dropdown)
- Resend the document.