Warning:this integration is available for Classic Editor only. Don't know which Editor version you are using? Find it out here.
This integration will allow you to create and send documents from a Deal within Zendesk Sell. Additionally, you can send over Zendesk Sell product information into PandaDoc Pricing tables.
Plan availability: Business, Enterprise
Install PandaDoc in Zendesk Sell
- Open your Zendesk Sell account and navigate to Settings.
- In Settings, click Apps on the left-hand panel, then go to Marketplace.
- Find PandaDoc for Sell, then click to open.
- Click Install and confirm installation.
- You’ll be redirected back to your Settings. Click Sign in with PandaDoc for Sell to authorize the connection between Zendesk Sell and PandaDoc.
- Click Install.
- You’ll see PandaDoc for Sell among your enabled apps. You can now finalize the integration in PandaDoc, as shown below.
Open your PandaDoc account, go to Settings > Integrations, and find Zendesk Sell. Click on it and click Connect Zendesk Sell. That's it!
Create a template to use with Zendesk Sell
In order to automatically send deal data, contact information, and products from Zendesk Sell to PandaDoc documents, you’ll need to pre-set a PandaDoc template.
Add roles and role tokens
First, add a role to your template. This will allow you to send contact data from Zendesk Sell deals to PandaDoc documents. With a role, you can also pre-assign fields to your future recipients.
- Click on Roles on the right-hand panel, then add a role for each signer.
- Click Content > Tokens for a list of tokens. You can use five tokens to pass information from Zendesk Sell: First name, Last name, Email address, Work phone, and Company.
- Click on a token to copy and add it to your template.
- Add a field and assign it to your role.
Set up your template with tokens from Zendesk Sell
Tokens will save time by autofilling information from a Zendesk Sell deal. Learn more about tokens.
- To add tokens to your template, first refer to the tokens list below. This is information you can transfer from Zendesk Sell.
- Find a token you need, then copy it with square brackets.
- Paste it into your template.
Expand to view the list of Zendesk Sell fields and corresponding PandaDoc tokens
|Deal Values in Zendesk Sell||PandaDoc Token To Use|
|Owner Fields in Zendesk Sell||PandaDoc Token To Use|
|Owner Email Address||[Deal.Owner.Email]|
|Primary Organization Fields in Zendesk Sell||PandaDoc Token To Use|
|Company Mobile Phone||[Deal.Company.MobilePhone]|
|Company Work Phone||[Deal.Company.WorkPhone]|
|Primary Contact Fields in Zendesk Sell||PandaDoc Token To Use|
|Contact First Name||[Deal.Contact.FirstName]|
|Contact Last Name||[Deal.Contact.LastName]|
|Contact Email Address||[Deal.Contact.Email]|
|Contact Mobile Phone||[Deal.Contact.MobilePhone]|
|Contact Work Phone||[Deal.Contact.WorkPhone]|
Pass custom Zendesk Sell fields to PandaDoc
To do this, you’ll need to create a token for a custom field:
- Copy the name of your custom field in Zendesk Sell exactly as it appears there. If it contains a space (e.g. Venue address), do not delete it.
- If the custom field name was created within the deal page, add “Deal.” to the front of it. (Example: Deal.CustomField)
- If the custom field name was created within the contact page, add "Deal.Contact" to it. (Example: Deal.Contact.CustomField)
- Wrap it with square brackets, then add it to your template!
Pass products from Zendesk Sell to PandaDoc pricing tables
Default product fields you can pass are Name, Description, Selling Price, Quantity, and Discount from products added to Zendesk Sell deals.
Note:you may send up to 100 Zendesk Sell products into PandaDoc pricing tables, per document.
To set up PandaDoc pricing tables to accept products from Zendesk Sell, add a pricing table to your template. Switch on the toggle next to Automatically add products to this table, on the right-side settings.
Pass custom product fields
custom fields will not be included in the calculation.
You can pass other pieces of product information from the Zendesk Sell deal, such as line item discount, line item markup in percentage, line item unit price, and line item discount in percentage.
In your pricing table in the template:
- Click +Add column > Create Empty > Plain Text, then click on the column header.
- On the right, check the box for Map column to custom field. Then, add one of the following values in the Custom field under the checkbox:
- basecrm_markup_discount_value — line item discount
- basecrm_markup_percent — line item markup in percentage
- basecrm_unit_price — line item unit price
- basecrm_discount_percent — line item discount in percentage
In your pricing table in the document created from Zendesk Sell, and with products populated in the pricing table:
- Click +Add column at the top of the table.
- Choose one of the custom fields from the dropdown.
Create documents from Zendesk Sell
Now that you’ve set up your template to accept information from Zendesk Sell, you can generate a PandaDoc document. Here’s how:
- In a Zendesk Sell deal, find the PandaDoc module on the right and click New document.
- Choose your template from the list, then assign recipients to roles (if you have any).
- Click Start editing.
- Now review your document: Tokens have been populated with information from Zendesk Sell, fields have been assigned to recipients, and products have been added to the pricing table. Once you’ve reviewed your document, send it!
- If you’re sending more than one document, you can filter documents by status within the PandaDoc module in the Zendesk Sell Deal.