Note:As we’re gradually releasing new integration with Authorize.net to our customers, you might be using our legacy integration.
Availability: All plans
Note:Some payment gateways charge transaction fees. See fee details for Authorize.net here.
With our new Authorize.net integration, you can request one-time or recurring payments via a Credit Card through PandaDoc documents.
Enable the integration
- Go to Settings > Integrations > select Authorize.net, then click Connect
- Sign in to your Authorize.net account (or create a new one)
- Once done, you will see a confirmation screen that the authentication has been successful
Note:If you had another payment gateway connected previously, you’ll need to go to Settings>Settings and select Authorize.net as a primary payment gateway.
Add a payment to your document or template
- Click Apps on the right panel
- Click on “Payment” to add it
- Set it up: assign the payer and set a payment amount
Send the document and collect payment
- Once you are ready, send out your document
- When your recipient opens the document they see a pop-up “Online payment available”. They fill out the required information and select Finish at the top of the page. After that, the document status will become “Waiting for payment”
- To proceed to payment, they click Pay
- They will be required to fill out their Credit Card Number, Expiration date, and CVV code, then they can make the payment
- Once the payment has been cleared, the document status will become “Paid”
- You and your recipients will receive a confirmation email to notify you the payment has gone through
Warning:Required fields in the payment form are not supported. You can modify field settings in Authorize.net. Go to Settings > Payment form > Form fields and make sure that the Required column is unchecked.
Set up recurring charges in PandaDoc
You can set up recurring charges in your catalog and collect them via Authorize.net with a help of quote builder.
Note:Quote builder block is a part of our Advanced Quotes add-on.
- First, connect your Authorize.net account to PandaDoc
- Next, add a product with a recurring price to the catalog (available billing period options: Weekly, Monthly, and Annually)
- Open your template/document, add a quote builder block, then add the product with a recurring price to your quote builder block
- Add a payment app to your document and select the payer
- Make sure that the needed quote(s) is chosen for the payment
- Send your document
Once the client pays, a new subscription record will be created in your Authorize.net account under “Recurring Billing” and the next recurring charge will be collected automatically from the subscription.
Warning:The maximum subscription duration is 3200 payment occurrences.
Set up recurring charges in Authorize.net
Alternatively, you can set up recurring charges manually in Authorize.net after any one-time charge made through a PandaDoc document.
- After any charge made via PandaDoc documents, new customers are located in your Authorize.net account with associated billing info
- Then, in Authorize.net, go to Tools > Recurring billing > Create New ARB Subscription. Enter the client's details and Submit.