In order to enhance communication about your documents, recipients can decline a document to save you time when working a deal.
They can decline a document two ways:
- From a reminder email to sign a document
- From the document itself
Who can decline:
- CC recipient
That document will be transferred into the Declined status and become unavailable to the recipient.
In order to decline a document:
- The recipient either clicks “Unsubscribe and decline” in a reminder email or clicks Actions > Decline to sign on the document
- Next, they need to provide a reason why they are declining and can leave a comment
- The document then is transferred to the Decline status and becomes unavailable to the recipient. If there are more than one signer on a document and it’s declined by one of them, it will be unavailable to all.
- All recipients will stop receiving notifications for this document.
- The document sender receives a notification email about the decline event