Making it Easier to Share Documents via Links
You can now share your PandaDoc documents via direct links. Generate unique links for each recipient and copy/paste them into an existing email thread, text conversation, slack message – or whatever is most convenient for you. Once the link has been generated, the document automatically flips to “Sent” status, and you can track opens and views as you normally would.
How link sharing can improve time-to-close and overall process efficiency:
- Seamless communication: paste the link into an existing conversation and avoid the confusion of multiple threads.
- Speed: quickly copy/paste the link to share a document – in Slack, your phone, wherever.
- Custom, multi-channel reminders: leverage link sharing to craft custom, timely reminders and deliver them in the way that is most likely to resonate with your recipients.
Read more here.
Import Word Documents
With this new import feature, you can extend the power of PandaDoc to your existing Word documents. This is especially helpful for collaborating with other departments such as legal, marketing, and accounting, who might not be using PandaDoc (yet).
To do this, you’ll need to click the “Create” button, then “Upload”, select your Word document and click “Convert document”. Congratulations, you now have an editable PandaDoc document. Proceed as usual with any edits, field additions (for collecting eSignatures or any other information), add recipients, and you’re good to go!
You can use this same feature to turn a Word file into a reusable and editable PandaDoc Template or content library items. Gone are the days of copy/paste, or worse, starting from scratch.
Edit Documents in Full Screen
You will now find the Content, Properties, Data, and Design tabs in the vertical side panel next to the document. Please note, the Data tab is now called Variables and you can manage and edit variables from there.
With this panel you can easily access all your editing tools, or collapse it to view and work on the document in full screen.
Navigate Your Tables with Keyboard Shortcuts
Anyone that knows their way around a keyboard heavily relies on shortcuts. You’ll be happy to know that we’ve brought your favorite shortcuts to both standard and pricing tables. You can now move faster by navigating your tables and manipulating your data with your keyboard. You should be very familiar with these shortcut keys. For example, Cmd+C(Ctrl + C) for copy or using arrow keys or the tab key to move around.
Check the full list of the keyboard shortcuts in the help center article.
Variables Made Easier to Review and Edit
Variables in PandaDoc are your best friends. They help you automate data entry by populating your fields so you don’t have to. We have released some updates to make it easier to review and edit variables:
- Review variables faster - unfilled and filled variables are now visually distinct in your document so that you can easily pinpoint where data is missing. In addition, all variables are grouped so that you can quickly review the ones you need and spend less time on the ones you don’t (now they’re in the “Unused” group under Variables tab).
- When you build pricing tables you can now add variables to the Name and Description columns and to Product Catalog items to customize your offering and build your quote more quickly.
- Get more flexibility with documents created from integrations. You can now edit the data in integration variables in case the data pulled from your CRM has been changed and needs adjustments.
- As a small final tweak: you can remove variables in one click by clicking the bin icon in the context menu.
Learn more about variables in our help center article.
Backup Your Teammates With the New “Send on Behalf” Feature
This is a simple yet powerful feature to keep the communication going while a deal in the making. When your colleague is on vacation or out sick, and can’t prepare and send the proposal, another PandaDoc user can jump in to help.
Simply choose the contact from whom you want to send the document and send it out. You will also receive all notifications about this document so you will stay in the loop.