Learn here how to quickly & easily create editable PandaDoc templates and documents from your .docx and .doc documents.
Plan availability: all plans.
Account owners enable this feature in the Add-on store (found in the bottom left of your PandaDoc account.)
Formats you can import: .docx and .doc
Expand to learn more about limitations
- From .docx or .doc files, we can import the following fonts only: Arial, Helvetica, Georgia, Times New Roman, Monospace
- Text Effects and Typography cannot be imported
- Line Spacing of your .docx file will be set to the default PandaDoc
- Only simple tables with simple borders can be imported (no design, no merged cells);
- Shapes, Charts, SmartArt are not supported
- Orientation will be set to portrait
- Page color, border and margins cannot be imported, ‘US letter’ paper size will be applied
- Document comments and footnotes will not be imported
Upload & Convert your file
Click “Create” and choose “Upload” in the dropdown. You can drag & drop your file to add from your device.
Once it's uploaded, choose "Convert document" (With the "Do not convert" you will proceed to a non-editable PandaDoc document).
PandaDoc doesn’t support importing documents from OneDrive for Business
Review your content
Your template/document will be broken down into content blocks, you can edit them:
You can add variables as placeholders for dynamic content (any info that will change from document to document):
You can also modify the design of your document or template – just click the Design icon on the right-hand side > Customize theme: