Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Integrate Pipedrive with PandaDoc for end-to-end sales cycle management, this integration works in the Organization, People and Deal object in Pipedrive.
Watch an overview video:
- Install the integration
- Set up templates to pull information from Pipedrive
- Passing information from Pipedrive into PandaDoc (via fields)
- Use Template Roles and Role variables
- Send product information from Pipedrive to PandaDoc
- Create and track documents from Pipedrive
- Link a document to a deal in Pipedrive
- Update a document with values from Pipedrive
Variables: You can pass information from Pipedrive to PandaDoc documents automatically with the help of variables.
Products: Transfer product information from Pipedrive deals to PandaDoc pricing tables.
Create documents: You can create PandaDoc documents from Pipedrive deals, organizations, and people records.
Status tracking: You can track document status in Pipedrive.
2-way-sync: Once the document is signed, a signed PDF will be attached to Pipedrive files in the deal.
Install the Integration
Warning:Each user in PandaDoc must install the integration with Pipedrive individually. If you don’t have access to Integrations inside PandaDoc, please use this link to install the Pipedrive <> PandaDoc integration.
- Login to both your PandaDoc and Pipedrive accounts.
- In PandaDoc, go to the Settings > API & Integrations > Click the button for Pipedrive > Install in Pipedrive. Or go to Pipedrive Marketplace, find PandaDoc and install the app from there;
- Open any Contact/People record, Organization or Deal then click the App Extensions icon in the top right corner; you should see two PandaDoc options: “Create new document” and “View tokens”.
Set up Templates to pull information from Pipedrive
Warning:This functionality isn't available to eSignature plan users.
Pre-set a PandaDoc template with variables that will pull information from Pipedrive once you create a new document from Pipedrive using this template.
- Date variables formatting depends on the default date format set up in your workspace settings.
- Currency variable formatting is based on the recipient view locale. Custom money variables will pass to the document without a currency symbol and formatting.
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one) in PandaDoc;
- Open Pipedrive in a separate tab. In the Organization, Contact/People record, or Deal, click the App Extensions icon in the top right corner > View Tokens. You will see a list of the available variables which shows Deal fields and their associated values in Pipedrive. Switch tabs to see more available variables;
- Copy and paste these variables with the square brackets into your template;
- Create a new document from Pipedrive using this template, and variables will be populated with info from Pipedrive.
Note:Pipedrive custom fields created for deals will show up in the list of variables along with standard fields.
Passing information from Pipedrive into PandaDoc (via fields)
You can pass data into PandaDoc fields similarly to how variables operate. Unlike with variables, however, you don’t need to include square brackets.
In the list of tokens, copy the token without square brackets into Merge field.
Once the document has been sent, the recipient will see the pre-filled data and be able to update this field, provided the field has been assigned to them.
Use Template Roles and Role Variables
Roles help you pre-define fields for your recipients to sign. You can also use Role variables to auto-populate contact info (first name, last name, email address) inside your document. Please note, variables are not available to eSignature plan users.
- In your template, click Add role/ Manage roles at the top and add one. Assign fields to the role;
- Click on Variables tab, find your specific Role name;
- Click on a duplicate icon to copy a variable, and add it to the template. Example: [Client.Name];
- When you create a document from Pipedrive, you will be prompted to assign deal participants to the template roles. All fields will be automatically assigned to the document recipients and role variables filled out with the contact information.
In case you pre-assign a recipient on the template level, they will be automatically assigned to the role when the document is created.
Send product information from Pipedrive to PandaDoc
Import product information into PandaDoc pricing table
Note:Pipedrive Products are available on Pipedrive’s Gold Plan.
What product info you can pull:
- Product name
- Product comments
- Tax (PandaDoc supports only the tax-exclusive rate when passing Pipedrive products to the document)
- Custom product fields
Note:If you choose Price or Discount as a field name in the "if" section of the Pricing Table data merge, only "Contains" or "Does not contain" can be selected as its value. If you use "Equal" or "Does not equal", products will not transfer to the pricing table.
As with variables/tokens, you need to pre-set a template to accept product information from Pipedrive.
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then go to the table’s Properties on the right side, and turn on the toggle that says Data merge is on.
- Make sure your products are attached to your Deal record in Pipedrive;
- Create your document from your Deal record in Pipedrive (don't forget to select your template!)
- Check your pricing table to make sure your products populated
- To display your discount, tax, or custom product fields, click the plus sign on the right side of the pricing table and select Discount/Tax/Custom product fields under Add Hidden.
Note:Line item won’t be passed, if name, price or quantity is null or none.
Notes about discounts and taxes
- With the integration, you can pass line item taxes and discounts. Please note, the tax specified in the product record will override the tax specified in the deal and will be passed to PandaDoc.
- In PandaDoc, discounts and taxes are displayed as a percentage in the pricing table edit mode, while the view mode will show the discounts and taxes in currency value.
Pass product description into the Pricing table
You can pass product comments into product description in the pricing table:
- Put in the product description in the comments
- Create a document: product comments are passed into the product description section in the pricing table
Import product information into PandaDoc quote builder
You can send product information to a quote builder block from deals in Pipedrive. Start by adding a quote builder block to your template, then create a document from a deal in Pipedrive.
Once you’ve created a document using this template, the following product information will be sent to the quote block:
- Product name
- Description (added to the comments)
- Duration (weekly, monthly, and annually only)
- Tax (PandaDoc supports only the tax-exclusive rate when passing PipeDrive products to the document)
To unhide custom fields in your newly created document, click on the quote builder block, select Edit quote on the floating panel, select Add column at the top right of the section, then select your custom column from the dropdown under Show hidden.
Note:If your quote builder block contains several sections, products will be pulled to the last section. If your template contains several quote builder blocks, products from your deal will be pulled to each block.
Create and track documents from Pipedrive
Once you've set up your template, go ahead and create documents from Pipedrive:
- Open an Organization, Contact/People record or Deal, click the App Extensions icon, click Create document;
- Choose your template from the template list;
- Assign recipients to Roles and click Start editing;
- Review your document and send it out;
- Track the document status in the Pipedrive record under Notes;
- When a document is signed and completed by all recipients, a PDF is attached under Files to the deal record in Pipedrive.
Link a document to a deal in Pipedrive
If you’ve created a document in PandaDoc that you’d like to link to a deal in Pipedrive, we’ve got you covered!
- Make sure you’re logged into both Pipedrive and PandaDoc.
- In your PandaDoc tab, open the document, then click the Pipedrive icon on the right.
- Click Link document and you’ll be prompted to select a deal from your Pipedrive account. Choose a deal and click Link. The list will display all deals you have access to, and the ten deals you’ve most recently updated will be listed at the top.
- On the right, under “Deal Info,” you can view the deal’s created date, status, and total amount. Please note, the deal info displayed in PandaDoc may need to be refreshed to ensure you’re viewing the latest update. If the deal amount or created date shows “Unknown,” it means this field is empty in Pipedrive.
- Now go to the Pipedrive deal record. The document will be displayed in the PandaDoc module as if it were created through Pipedrive!
In order to unlink a document from a deal or link it to another one, select three vertical ellipses next to the deal's name and select Unlink Deal from the dropdown. If you’ve created the document from another object (Organisation, Contact/People record), you’ll be unable to unlink it from that object, and also unable to link it to a deal or view related information.
If the integration with Pipedrive isn’t connected to your account, you’ll see an error shown on the screenshot below. Either contact your PandaDoc Workspace Admin to have the integration connected or, if you are the Admin, connect it yourself in Settings > Integrations.
Update a document with values from Pipedrive
Note:To use this feature, the document’s status must be “Draft.”
If you update information in your deal after the document has already been created or linked to the deal, you can update your document with new values from the linked deal. Here’s how:
- Within the PandaDoc document, go to the Integrations panel by clicking the Pipedrive icon on the right.
- Under Document Data, click “Import from CRM.”
- The variables and product information in your pricing table (quantity, price, tax%, discount%) will be updated with the correct information from Pipedrive. You’ll be unable to update PandaDoc fields or role variables. Please note, if a product is removed or added to the deal, the document will not be updated.
Note:Your document must be created via the Pipedrive deal to update product information from your deal in the pricing table.
Can I change the deal status after the document is signed automatically?
You can use External Automations feature to change deal status in Pipedrive when PandaDoc document status changes.
Alternately, you can use Zapier to update deal status once a document has been signed.
I’m getting the integration error
If you see the error in the screenshot below as you create a document from Pipedrive, it’s likely you need to reconnect our integration. No worries — you won’t lose any of the documents you’ve created!
Open your PandaDoc account, go to Settings > Integrations, find Pipedrive, click on it to disconnect, then click to Connect. Now try creating a document again.