Start PandaDoc documents from Accounts, Contacts, Deal/Potential, Lead and Quotes objects in Zoho CRM.
Zoho CRM: all plans
PandaDoc: Business and Enterprise plans
Install the integration
Install PandaDoc in Zoho CRM:
- Login into your PandaDoc account, here. In order to install, you must be logged into your PandaDoc Account;
- Go to Zoho CRM to Setup > Marketplace > All Extensions > Search for PandaDoc. Once reviewed, click on the button “Install”;
- Confirm your Zoho CRM account and agree to Terms and Service;
- Next, review and confirm which team members of your Zoho CRM account to use the integration. If you want “All Users”, choose “Install for all users”, then click on the “Confirm” button;
- Once completed, you will receive a message, “Your extension has been installed successfully”;
- Next, “Authorize” connection with the PandaDoc account and complete the steps in order to fully connect the two applications together.
Enable ZohoCRM integration in PandaDoc.
- Log into PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > ZohoCRM and you will see a list of instructions.
- Choose Zoho zone: .eu or .com (depending on what ZohoCRM version you are using);
Pass data from ZohoCRM to PandaDoc
Before you start sending out documents from ZohoCRM, set up your template to pass data from ZohoCRM.
Use PandaDoc Roles to import Contact information
With template Roles, you can import contact information (First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Company) from a ZohoCRM.
- Create a Role first: open your template, click Roles at the top, add a Role.
- Access Role variables: click Data, find your role variables and add them to the template.
Set up your variables to pre-populate your documents with deal data
Watch this setup in action:
Variables will save your time auto-filling information from a deal, company or people record into a document:
- To view all of the available data that you can push from a record in ZohoCRM via variables to a document, open a ZohoCRM record, click on Send with PandaDoc -> Show PandaDoc tokens;
- Copy a variable name with the square brackets and add it to the template.
Pass product information into pricing table
What will be passed:
- Tax (only from Quotes in Zoho CRM)
- Discount (only from Quotes in Zoho CRM)
- Product code as SKU
As with variables/tokens, you need to pre-set a template to accept product information from Zoho CRM.
- Setup “Products” in Zoho CRM and add them to a Zoho CRM record (Contacts, Accounts, Lead, Deal/Potentials and Quotes);
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then go to the table’s Properties on the right side, and turn on the toggle that says “Automatic import is";
Note:in order to pass product QTY, make sure the Zoho CRM field name is "Quantity" and not anything else so that PandaDoc can recognize it and map it to the pricing table column.
Pass discounts and taxes
Within the integration, you can pass line item taxes and discounts from Quotes in Zoho CRM only.
On a document (assuming you have created it from Zoho CRM):
- Click inside the pricing table > navigate to the Properties section;
- Click Columns > Show more columns;
- Check a discount/tax option, confirm and you will see them added to the pricing table, they will contain a discount/tax value from Zoho CRM.
In PandaDoc, discounts and taxes are displayed as a percentage.
You can pre-set your template adding a line item discount column the same way. When a document is created from Zoho CRM using this template, the pricing table will be populated with the discount value.
Sending a document through Zoho CRM
Now that you have setup the integration and templates, try creating a new document:
- Go to a Zoho CRM record, click “Send with PandaDoc”;
- Select your template, assign recipients to roles if applicable;
- Check your document and send it out;
- Go back to the Zoho CRM record, scroll down to PandaDoc Documents: you can track document status from there.
To uninstall the integration from your Zoho CRM Account, go to Wrench icon > Setup > Marketplace > Find PandaDoc in Installed apps and click on “Uninstall”.
Authtoken limit for your account exceeded
Zoho CRM have set a limit on using their AuthTokens to avoid incorrect usage. If you see the error message like this:
All you need to do is to go to My account > Active AuthTokens and r emove the unused AuthTokens.
Creating a document in the Any Object, does not send data over to PandaDoc
In order to resolve the issue, please go to Setup -> Customization: Modules -> Organize Modules, and move ‘Products’ from ‘Unselected Tabs’ to ‘Selected Tabs’ section. Since ‘Contact’ relates to its parent Account, ‘Account’ module ALSO must be in ‘Selected Tabs’ section – to be able to import documents from ‘Contact’ module.