Plan availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Start PandaDoc documents from Accounts, Contacts, Deal/Potential, Lead and Quotes objects in Zoho CRM.
Watch an overview video:
Variables: You can pass information from Zoho CRM to PandaDoc documents automatically with the help of variables.
Products: Transfer product information from Zoho CRM deals to PandaDoc pricing tables.
Create documents: You can create PandaDoc documents from Zoho CRM Accounts, Contacts, Deal/Potential, Lead, and Quotes.
Status tracking: You can track document status in Zoho CRM.
Install the integration
Install PandaDoc in Zoho CRM:
- Login into your PandaDoc account, here. In order to install, you must be logged into your PandaDoc Account;
- Go to Zoho CRM to Setup > Marketplace > All Extensions > Search for PandaDoc. Once reviewed, click on the button “Install”;
- Confirm your Zoho CRM account and agree to Terms and Service;
- Next, review and confirm which team members of your Zoho CRM account to use the integration. If you want “All Users”, choose “Install for all users”, then click on the “Confirm” button;
- Once completed, you will receive a message, “Your extension has been installed successfully”;
- Next, “Authorize” connection with the PandaDoc account and complete the steps in order to fully connect the two applications together.
Enable ZohoCRM integration in PandaDoc.
- Log into PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > ZohoCRM and you will see a list of instructions.
- Choose Zoho zone: .eu, .com, .au, or .in (depending on what ZohoCRM version you are using);
Pass data from ZohoCRM to PandaDoc
Before you start sending out documents from ZohoCRM, set up your template to pass data from ZohoCRM.
Use PandaDoc Roles to import Contact information
With template Roles, you can import contact information (first name, last name, email address, company, phone, job title, street address, city, postal code, country, state/region) from a ZohoCRM. Please note, role variables are not available to eSignature plan users.
- Create a Role first: open your template, click Roles at the top, add a Role.
- Access Role variables: click the variables icon on the right panel, find your role variables and add them to the template.
Set up your variables to pre-populate your documents with deal data
this functionality isn't available to eSignature plan users.
Watch this setup in action:
Variables will save your time auto-filling information from a deal, company or people record into a document:
- To view all of the available data that you can push from a record in ZohoCRM via variables to a document, open a ZohoCRM record, click on Send with PandaDoc -> Show PandaDoc tokens;
- Copy a variable name with the square brackets and add it to the template.
Passing information from Zoho CRM into PandaDoc (via fields)
You can pass data into PandaDoc fields similarly to how variables operate. Unlike with variables, however, you don’t need to include square brackets.
In the list of tokens, copy the token without square brackets into Merge field.
Once the document has been sent, the recipient will see the pre-filled data and be able to update this field, provided the field has been assigned to them.
Pass product information into pricing table
this functionality isn't available to eSignature plan users.
What will be passed:
- Tax (only from Quotes in Zoho CRM)
- Discount (only from Quotes in Zoho CRM)
- Product code as SKU
- Custom product fields
As with variables/tokens, you need to pre-set a template to accept product information from Zoho CRM.
- Setup “Products” in Zoho CRM and add them to a Zoho CRM record (Contacts, Accounts, Lead, Deal/Potentials and Quotes);
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then go to the table’s Properties on the right side, and turn on the toggle that says “Data merge";
Note:in order to pass product QTY, make sure the Zoho CRM field name is "Quantity" and not anything else so that PandaDoc can recognize it and map it to the pricing table column.
When you create a document from ZohoCRM using this template, your products will populate in the pricing table.
Pass discounts, taxes and custom product fields
Within the integration, you can pass custom fields, line item taxes and discounts from Quotes in Zoho CRM only.
On a document (assuming you have created it from Zoho CRM):
- Click on the pricing table and click the plus sign on the right side or right-click in any cell.
- Under Add hidden, select your Discount, Tax or custom product fields.
- The discount/tax/custom field column will be added to the pricing table and the value from ZohoCRM will be displayed.
In PandaDoc, discounts and taxes are displayed as a flat amount.
Sending a document through Zoho CRM
Now that you have setup the integration and templates, try creating a new document:
- Go to a Zoho CRM record, click “Send with PandaDoc”;
- Select your template, assign recipients to roles if applicable;
- Check your document and send it out;
- Go back to the Zoho CRM record, scroll down to PandaDoc Documents: you can track document status from there.
To uninstall the integration from your Zoho CRM Account, go to Wrench icon > Setup > Marketplace > Find PandaDoc in Installed apps and click on “Uninstall”.
The integration isn’t pulling any information from Zoho CRM to PandaDoc, or you are seeing the integration error
If the Zoho CRM <> PandaDoc integration isn’t pulling any information from Zoho CRM to PandaDoc, or you’re seeing the error shown below, a simple reconnect should help.
Please open your PandaDoc account and go to Settings > Integrations > Zoho CRM > Disable. Once disabled, you can click to reconnect. Any documents created from Zoho CRM will not be unlinked from Zoho CRM.
If this didn’t help, open your Zoho CRM account, go to Setup > Customization: Modules > Organize Modules, and move ‘Products’ from ‘Unselected Tabs’ to ‘Selected Tabs’ section.Since ‘Contact’ relates to its parent Account, the ‘Account’ module must also be in the ‘Selected Tabs’ section to allow documents to be imported from the ‘Contact’ module.
PandaDoc Documents section in Zoho CRM is empty
If the PandaDoc Documents section in ZohoCRM says the integration is not connected, you’ll need to authorize the connection between Zoho CRM and PandaDoc. Note that this can be done only by the account admin who first connected the integration.
In Zoho, please go to Settings > Marketplace > Installed, open PandaDoc, and click the green Authorise button to authorize the app.
Then, open a Zoho record you create documents from, and create a new test document via the PandaDoc integration. Check to see that the document appears in the list in Zoho CRM.
Authtoken limit for your account exceeded
Zoho CRM have set a limit on using their AuthTokens to avoid incorrect usage. If you see the error message like this:
All you need to do is to go to My account > Active AuthTokens and remove the unused AuthTokens.
Creating a document in the Any Object, does not send data over to PandaDoc
In order to resolve the issue, please go to Setup -> Customization: Modules -> Organize Modules, and move ‘Products’ from ‘Unselected Tabs’ to ‘Selected Tabs’ section. Since ‘Contact’ relates to its parent Account, ‘Account’ module also must be in ‘Selected Tabs’ section – to be able to import documents from ‘Contact’ module.