This integration will allow you to create, send, and track documents from an Account, Contact or Opportunity within SalesforceIQ.
Plan availability: Business and Enterprise
Install the integration
- Install the Chrome extension: go to your PandaDoc account, Settings > Integrations, find SalesforceIQ, click on it and click “Install Chrome extension”;
- To access the PandaDoc panel inside SalesforceIQ, open any Opportunity or Contact stream. If you see a message to connect, click “connect” and login to your PandaDoc account;
- Once you’re connected, you will see an option to create a document.
Send data from SalesforceIQ to PandaDoc documents
Before creating a document, you should setup your templates to pull in data from SalesforceIQ. In the following sections, we will discuss the setup of “Roles” and “Variables”.
Using PandaDoc Roles and Role variables in templates to import Contact information
With the use of template Roles, you can pull contact information (First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Company) from a SalesforceIQ Opportunity record:
- Create a Role first: open your template, click Roles at the top, add a Role;
- Access Role variables: click Data, find your role variables and copy them to the template body.
Set up variables to fill PandaDoc documents with opportunity data
Variables will save your time auto-filling information from an Opportunity or Contact into a document:
- To view all of the available data you can push from an Opportunity or Contact through variables to a document, click on the gear icon -> “Variables” tab;
- Copy a variable name with the square brackets and paste it on your template.
From now on every document that you create from a deal within SalesforceIQ — using this template — will be pre-filled with data from Salesforce IQ.
Tracking your documents
Once you’ve created your first document from SalesforceIQ and it has been gone through its lifecycle, you can track the status of the document by accessing the Opportunity Stream in SalesforceIQ and you will see the document on the right side within the PandaDoc module.
PandaDoc Module is hiding SalesforceIQ tool tips
If you need to view the dropdown areas for Settings and Contact/Accounts, you can disable the PandaDoc extension by clicking on the PandaDoc module in the Chrome browser on the top right. This will enable/disable the extension, so you can access SalesforceIQ Tool tips.