this integration doesn't support non-US QuickBooks accounts.
Plan availability: all plans
Note:Some payment gateways charge transaction fees. See fee details for QuickBooks Payments here.
This integration allows you to setup a “payment” content block for your recipients to pay directly through Quickbooks via a Credit Card on your PandaDoc document.
Please note, you can only integrate PandaDoc with QuickBooks Online. We are unable to integrate with the desktop version.
Enable the integration
- Go to Settings > Payments > Find Quickbooks. Click on the integration and click Connect;
- Create a new account with Quickbooks or sign in into your existing one;
- Once done, you will see a confirmation screen that the authentication has been successful.
Set up the payment block
You can use the integration with both templates and documents, but we recommend adding and configuring the payment block on templates so that all documents created from the template inherit the settings.
the integration works on editable templates and documents only.
Open a template/document, go to Content > Blocks, click Payment. The payment block will be added at the end of your template or document.
You can only have one (1) payment block added, per template/document.
Payment Block Options
Once the block has been added, you will see a list of options on the right side to configure it:
Settings (Credit card Form): enable/disable a payment option.
Payer: Choose “Any recipient” or assign a specific role/recipients to the payment block.
Note:if it's a specific recipient, you must assign a field to them for them to be able to complete the document and make the payment.
Currency: set payment currency.
Payment Amount: you have two choices - pull from Pricing table or set a custom amount. If you're using multiple pricing tables, you can add all of them or select some.
Percentage of total:set a percentage of the payment amount. Excellent option if you want your recipients to make a “down payment”.
Payment Amount – review the current amount to be paid.
Add other payment methods for your recipient to choose from
You can enable up to three payment methods per document to give your recipient a choice of payment.
- Click in the payment block to pull up the payment settings
- Find Payment Methods and select the gear icon next to it
- Now choose payment methods and add a payment gateway for each of them
- Click Apply
- Review payment methods on the right
When the recipient clicks Submit payment, they will be required to choose from the available options:
Payment block text options
You can modify the text that is shown on the payment block. You can use it as an invoice. Options included are “Title”, “From” “To”, “Custom Message” and “Custom Terms and Conditions”.
You can use Tokens in the “From”, “To” field sections. A good use case is using a Template Role Tokens to populate the First, Last, Email Address and Company information.
Send the document and collect the payment
- Once you are ready, send out your document.
- Your recipient will open the document and first they complete it. The document status will become Waiting for payment. Once they've finalized the doc, they will click “Submit Payment”.
- Next, the payer will see the options to make the payment;
- They will be required to fill out their Credit Card Number, Expiration date and CVV code, then they can make the payment;
- Once the payment has been cleared, the payment block (invoice) will now show “PAID”. The document status will become Paid. You will receive a confirmation email to notify you the payment has gone through.
Note:if your document has more than one signer, all of them must complete the document. Only then, the document can be paid.
If the payment was made through another solution, you can change document status to Paid manually.
How we send information to QuickBooks
When a recipient makes a payment on your document, PandaDoc tries to match them with an existing record in your QuickBooks account using the billing email provided by the client in the payment form as the customer name. A new QuickBooks Customer will be created if none is found.
PandaDoc will also search for the existing product in QuickBooks using the Document name as the QuickBooks Product name. If the document name is not found, a new QuickBooks Product will be created.
Send Payment Reminder
If you are awaiting payment for your document, you can send your recipient a reminder. Click on Recipients on the right, click on the recipient name and you will see “Payment Reminder”.