- Install the integration
- Set up templates to pull information from Pipedrive
- Send information from Pipedrive to PandaDoc fields
- Use Template Roles and Role tokens
- Push product information to PandaDoc
- Create and track documents from Pipedrive
- Link a document to a deal in Pipedrive
- Update a document with field values from Pipedrive
- Migrate from Pipedrive Chrome extension
Plan availability: eSignature, Business and Enterprise
Integrate Pipedrive with PandaDoc for end-to-end sales cycle management:
- Create and open associated documents from Pipedrive deals, organizations and people
- Save time by automatically populating PandaDoc documents with deal, organization, contact and product data from Pipedrive
- If you have contacts assigned to a deal, we will add them to document recipients list automatically
- Track document status changes in the PandaDoc module on the App panels
- Once a document is completed, you can download a PDF from the PandaDoc module in Pipedrive
Install the Integration
Warning:Each user in PandaDoc must install the integration with Pipedrive individually. If you don’t have access to Integrations inside PandaDoc, please use this link to install the Pipedrive <> PandaDoc integration.
- Login to both your PandaDoc and Pipedrive accounts.
- In PandaDoc, go to the Settings > Integrations > Click the button for Pipedrive > Install in Pipedrive. Or go to Pipedrive Marketplace, find PandaDoc and install the app from there;
- Open any Contact, Organization or Deal then click the App Extensions icon in the top right corner; you should see two PandaDoc options: “Create new document” and “View tokens”;
Set Up Templates to pull information from Pipedrive
Pre-set a PandaDoc template with tokens that will pull information from Pipedrive once you create a new document from Pipedrive using this template.
Warning:Pipedrive integration tokens are DIFFERENT from Pipedrive Chrome extension. You will need to update your templates with new tokens. See more under the “Migrate from Pipedrive Chrome extension” dropdown.
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one) in PandaDoc;
- In a separate tab, open Pipedrive. In the Organization, Contact or Deal, click the App Extensions icon in the top right corner > View Tokens. You will see a list of the available tokens which shows Deal fields and their associated values in Pipedrive, switch tabs to view more tokens;
- Copy and paste these tokens with the square brackets into your template;
- Create a new document from Pipedrive using this template, and tokens will be populated with info from Pipedrive.
Pipedrive custom fields created for deals will show up in the list of tokens along with standard fields.
Send information from Pipedrive to PandaDoc fields
While uploaded templates do not support the use of tokens, we do have a workaround for this! You can populate data from Pipedrive to a document created from an uploaded template by placing tokens within a Textfield Field.
- Open the tokens list in a Pipedrive record and copy the token WITHOUT brackets;
- Go into PandaDoc and open your template, click the textfield and paste the token name into the Title section;
- When you create a document from this template, data from Pipedrive will be populated in the Textfields you set up.
Use Template Roles and Role Tokens
Roles help you pre-define fields for your recipients to sign. You can also use Role tokens to auto-populate contact info (first name, last name, email address) inside your document.
- In your template, click Roles on the right and add one. Assign fields to the role;
- Click on Content > Tokens and find your specific Role name;
- Click on a token to copy (with the square brackets), and paste them in your template. Example: [Client.Name];
- When you create a document from Pipedrive, you will be prompted to assign deal participants to the template roles. All fields will be automatically assigned to the document recipients and role tokens filled out with the contact information.
Push product information to PandaDoc
Pipedrive Products are available on Pipedrive’s Gold Plan.
What product info you can pull:
- Product name
- Product comments
- Product variation (price and cost)
The Duration column in Pipedrive won't be passed in to PandaDoc.
As with tokens, you need to pre-set a template to accept product information from Pipedrive:
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then go to the table’s settings on the right side, and turn on the toggle that says “Automatically add products to this table";
- Make sure your products are attached to your Deal record in Pipedrive;
- Create your document from your Deal record in Pipedrive. Check your pricing table to make sure your products populated;
- If your item has a cost value in Pipedrive, it will be passed to PandaDoc. To view it, switch on Profit and Margin for the pricing table.
Line item won’t be passed, if name, price or quantity is null or none.
Pass other product fields from Pipedrive to PandaDoc pricing tables
Custom product fields from Pipedrive can be added to the pricing table as a column. On a created document, click Add column > Select column > choose a field from the dropdown.
Custom product fields won’t be included in the pricing table calculation
Pass discounts and taxes
Within the integration, you can pass line item taxes and discounts.
On a document (assuming you have created it from Pipedrive):
- Click inside the pricing table > navigate to the right-hand settings;
- Click Add Discount/Add Tax > set it to Line item discount/tax;
- You will see a discount/tax column added to the pricing table, it will contain a discount value from Pipedrive.
In PandaDoc, discounts and taxes are displayed as a percentage.
You can pre-set your template adding a line item discount column the same way. When a document is created from Pipedrive using this template, the pricing table will be populated with the discount value.
Pass product description into the Pricing table
You can pass product comments into product description in the pricing table:
- Put in the product description in the comments
- Create a document: product comments are passed into the product description section in the pricing table
Create and track documents from Pipedrive
Once you've set up your template, go ahead and create documents from Pipedrive:
- Open an Organization, Contact or Deal, click the App Extensions icon, click Create document;
- Choose your template from the template list;
- Assign recipients to Roles and click Start editing;
- Review your document and send it out;
- Track the document status in the PandaDoc app panel;
- When a document is signed and completed by all recipients, a PDF is attached under Files to the deal record in Pipedrive or you can download it in the app panel.
Link a document to a Deal in Pipedrive
If you have a document created in PandaDoc which you would like to link to a Deal in Pipedrive, we’ve got you covered!
- Make sure you are logged into both Pipedrive and PandaDoc
- In your PandaDoc tab, open the document, go to ...More > Link to Pipedrive. You can link a document in any status
- Click “Link” and you will be prompted to select a deal from your Pipedrive account; then click “Link”
- On the right, under Deal info, you can view the Deal’s created date, status and grand total amount. Please note, the deal info displayed in PandaDoc may need to be refreshed in order to ensure you are viewing the latest update
- Now, go to the Pipedrive deal record, and the document will be displayed in the app panel as if it was created through Pipedrive
In order to unlink a document from a deal or link it to another deal, click the ellipses on the Integrations panel and choose an action from the dropdown.
Update a document with field values from Pipedrive
Note:the document must be in the Draft status for this feature.
If the information in your Deal is updated after the document has already been created from or linked to the deal? You can update your document with the updated values from the linked deal:
- In PandaDoc, go to the Integrations panel by clicking ...More > Link to Pipedrive inside the PandaDoc document
- Under Document data, select “Import from CRM”
- The tokens will be updated with the correct information from Pipedrive.
Warning, you cannot update your pricing table with product data from Pipedrive, nor can you update PandaDoc fields or role tokens.
Migrate from Pipedrive Chrome extension
Pipedrive integration tokens are different from Pipedrive Chrome extension, e.g.
Pipedrive Chrome extension:
The good news is that the new integration gives you more tokens to pass data to PandaDoc documents! The only thing you should do is to update your templates with the new tokens:
- Install the integration (see “Install the Integration” section);
- Open the tokens list in Pipedrive: click the App Extensions icon > View tokens;
- Open the PandaDoc template you use with Pipedrive;
- Update the tokens in your template
- Remove the Chrome extension