Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
You don’t have to recreate all of your frequently used content from scratch. Just save it to your content library and reuse it over and over again.
Create a Content Library Item
- Go to the Content Library, then select Create and choose whether you'd like to upload your own file or create from scratch.
- Use the Content Builder here to create your content in the same way you would create a template. Click here for more details.
Create Content Library items from a template/document
Add a single block, the whole page or the template/document to the Content Library.
- In your document or template, select the block you’d like to add, click on the Add to Library button on the floating panel
- OR click "..." in the top right of a page > if you'd like to save a page
- OR click on the three vertical ellipses button in the top right of the template/document > select Add to Content Library from the dropdown if you'd like to save the entire document
- Choose to add this as a brand new item, or append it to the end of an existing item
- If it's a new item, give it a name, choose a folder to add to.
You cannot add Page Header and Footer to the Content Library.
If you'd like to save blocks in a multi-column layout to the Content Library, you can:
- either save the whole page to the Content Library
- or recreate the layout inside the Content Library item
Add from your Content Library
- Inside your template or document, click on the “+” at the bottom/top of the page, or at the bottom/top of a content block (depending on where you’d like to add the content library item)
- Search for your library item and click on it to add.
Add multiple Content Library items to your document
You can select more than one item from the Content Library and add them — all at once! — to your document.
Simply hover over an item until the checkbox appears, then click the checkbox to select the item. You can also select items from different folders.
Once you’ve selected the items, click Add. The items will be added in the order you’ve selected.
You can add multiple Content Library items either all on one page, or each on an individual page.
To add multiple Content Library items on one page, click the plus sign on the page body to access the Content Library. Select the items, then click Add.
Note:Content Library items created via upload (from either your computer or cloud storage) will be added as individual pages. If a Content Library item contains more than one page, each Content Library item will be added as an individual page.
To add multiple Content Library items as individual pages, hover over the gray dot between pages until the plus sign appears. (The plus sign allows access to the Content Library.) Select items, then click Add. All Content Library items will be added as individual pages.
Content library placeholder
The placeholder block allows you to predefine the type of content other users on your account can add to a document.
Note:The placeholder block can be added on the template level by any user in an Admin or Manager role.
The flow is simple:
- A user in an Admin or a Manager role adds placeholders to the templates, then specifies which type of content can be added as placeholder text
- Any user on the account with permission to view templates and content library items can then use the placeholder to add content library items to the document
Users will be unable to send a document if its content placeholders are unfilled.