Plan availability: Business, Enterprise
Sending more than one document per deal? You can generate a new document based on an existing one that will automatically include your client’s data and pricing details.
Common use cases:
- Create a quote based on a proposal
- Convert a proposal into a contract
- Generate an invoice out of a proposal
- Renew a subscription sending a new contract, etc.
What will be passed:
- Tokens values;
- Pricing table items;
- If the original document is created from a CRM, the new document will be attached under the same record in the PandaDoc module (exception: Pipedrive, Salesforce and HubSpot);
field values won’t be passed on to the new document.
Create a document based on another document:
Follow these steps to create a new document with the data from an existing one:
- Open the document you’d like to transfer data from, go to More > click “Transfer data to”;
- Choose a template that you’d like to create a new document from (please see the requirements below to make sure the data will be transferred);
- Optional: assign recipients from the original document to roles on the new document, click “Start editing”;
- There you are! Add changes to the new document if needed and send it out.
Requirements for transferring data from one document into another:
You can send out a 2nd document containing data and pricing information from a previous document.
- If you are creating a new document from a different template, the two templates must use identical tokens - e.g. if one uses [Client.Company], and the other uses [Customer.Company], the data won’t be populated in the new document;
- Pricing tables in any template you create a new document from, must have the “Automatically add products to this table” toggle switched on. See the video below: